Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw Roll Pan for 2nd Gen Blazer = teh Suck!!!!! Please Read!!!!!

Originally posted by Squeak
    blazin low chick or x concepts, where did you cut the plastic peice to shorten it? ive looked at mine and thought of a few differnt way, but cant decide which its best. thanks
    Kind of like that. Cut kind of where the black lines are. But I bought them already cut and am in process of reglassing them right now...

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/xconcepts/MVC-567Xcut.JPG

Sorry for the link, the pic is too big to load on here...

Here is what it looked like when I got it:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/xconcepts/MVC-554X.JPG

Thats was taken after I sanded it down a little bit and cleaned the gap in where the fiberglass cracked.

And here is where I am now...

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/xconcepts/MVC-577X.JPG

Still alot of work ahead... Needs to be sanded some more and then smoothed out with some mud... And I wish I was working faster... I could have gotten both of them done and put them on withing a day, but for some reason Im dragin my feet on this project...
    VLAD

My 95

its kinda pricey but i can get the s10 rear quarter panels in steel for 200 bucks +shipping

If anyones interrested let me know or pm me
    Just when you thought i faded away, I came back harder then ever...

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar
    I gave $75 for mine when I bought them and they need some body work done to them.

I dont know if I want to try my luck with S.U.C.K. (er I mean R.A.W.)...

I may just buy new plastic sides and find a way to reattach the stock bumper...now that the frame has been chopped.

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

thanks man, im planning on gettign up on saturday morning and starting on trying to do mine

He sent me an email back fast! under a day

i do not make rag tops all i do is install them.
    as for my roll pans they fit and i do not know about any ripples. i have not been contacted by any one about this ,i have had problems with some cracking and other stuff due to the shipping company which has happen 4 times and they have lost one roll pan.sorry you fell this way and good luck with you blazer.
    as for the turn around time when we have 4 storms that rolled thought central fl. it is kinda hard to get caught up on things. also it is very hard to make a part when we cannot fine any person with a blazer that we can use for a couple of days.if you would like i can give you name and numbers to customers of the last 4-5 that i have sent out. i will have to confirm with them first. but thanks for your concern.

so either alot of people are lying, or just him, I wonder who it might be. I gues he might send me your phone number so I can call you? yeah thats good for business, handing out your customers number!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by smullen
    Whats that about???
    just trying to see what he says to possible customers
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    He sent me an email back fast! under a day

i do not make rag tops all i do is install them.
    as for my roll pans they fit and i do not know about any ripples. i have not been contacted by any one about this ,i have had problems with some cracking and other stuff due to the shipping company which has happen 4 times and they have lost one roll pan.sorry you fell this way and good luck with you blazer.
    as for the turn around time when we have 4 storms that rolled thought central fl. it is kinda hard to get caught up on things. also it is very hard to make a part when we cannot fine any person with a blazer that we can use for a couple of days.if you would like i can give you name and numbers to customers of the last 4-5 that i have sent out. i will have to confirm with them first. but thanks for your concern.

so either alot of people are lying, or just him, I wonder who it might be. I gues he might send me your phone number so I can call you? yeah thats good for business, handing out your customers number!
    He knows he makes crappy pans.... I'm not the only one on these sites who has complained... Someone else I was reading about said that they called him back and he said their truck might be crooked, but its not his pan, they fit fine....

Everytime soneone complains, he says I have not heard anyone complain they fit fine...

Also, I ran into another guy at the EnVus show in Columbia Illinois about a month ago, that had a dark Blue Blazer (can look for pics if ya'll want to see them) that was shaved, bagged and on a 20/22 combo that had that roll pan....

He showed me where it was crooked and did not fit right, he said the body guys had to put tons of work to get it to look halfway decent... He also told me that when he called the guy told him he had not heard of any other complaints and that it had to fit right as it was molded off another Blazer, so it must be his intall or his truck that was crooked...

I wonder how many times he has not heard any complaints????
    :rolleyes:

Whatever,, Why would us Blazer and custom guys complain and make shit up about it???? What could we gain? I mean I was so thrilled to learn someone made a Rollpan for a Blazer I bout shit.... Then I got this....... :mad: POS....
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar
    so do they offer a return and refund or no or what?

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    so do they offer a return and refund or no or what?
    I didn't even bother to call him back,,, Because of the attitude he gave me when I was tryin to get the POS...

The last time I talked to him, I was bitching about waiting so long and he was like, ""Well, if you don't like it, I'll just cancel your order... I'm the only one that makes the damn thing so

Its partially my fault for being trusting.... I did not really inspect it, I just got the package and kept it for a few weeks till I could get my bucket into the body shop... I had a print out showing the Body guy how he had to cut off the frame rails... It wasn't till after we had the frame rails cut off that we really started noticing how crappy it was....

So I was prtty much stuck.... HAd it for over a month and frame rails already cut... :confused: Bill fro Creative Customs said he could make it work....

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz

I may just buy new plastic sides and find a way to reattach the stock bumper...now that the frame has been chopped.
    You can cut out sections out of the top of the stock bumper so that it would go around the places where the body is mounted to the frame, drill 2 new holes in the frame and still use your stock mounting brackets to mount it back on. It will look like stock bumper but it will actually be a roll pan. (thats with earlier model rear bumpers)

The other option you have is you can buy an s-10 roll pan, cut about 3/4 of an inch off of each side, fabricate some mounting brackets, weld them to the back of the pan, drill some holes in the frame and bolt that thing on.

And another option I almost forgot about. Ive heard about this company that makes this awsome roll pan called RAW. It sorta wraps around the rear and looks awsome.
    :rofl:

However if you do buy it, it will probably be fucked up and we will have to listen to you bitch about it on here...:rofl:
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by Workin_on_it
    200 bucks +shipping
    :eek:

Let me check with my local junk yards, from where I jack fuses every time I go there, and see how much they want for s-10 ends... They got bunch of s-10s there but I just forgot to see if any of them still have beds... Ill check next time I go.

By the way, anybody wants to buy some fuses?:rofl:

Originally posted by Squeak
    thanks man
    No prob
    Last edited by x_concepts; 10-15-2004 at 04:40 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

Try and hook me up wit sum s-10 bumber ends. Ive found sum on the internet for bout 70 bucks a piece but i aint got that much money to be buying those since i jus bought an s-10 roll pan.

i got my RAW pan in 2-1/2 weeks but it was the biggest pain in the ass to put on. It took some customization and 5 hours of my time. Overall I think it was worth it though

________
    FUCKTUB
    Last edited by blazin2000; 03-29-2011 at 10:20 AM.

See, thats the problem... For 400$ you would expect it to bolt right up without having to spend 5+ hours on refabricating it...

I ordered an s-10 pan from aim last friday, so hopefully it will get here some time soon and I will have it installed and post some pics...

Meanwhile I finished glassing passenger side bumper end and put it on for a test fit after wet sanding it. It still needs some kind of paint or at least primer, but here is what test fit looked like:

Last edited by x_concepts; 10-18-2004 at 05:40 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by x_concepts
    [B][COLOR=blue]See, thats the problem... For 400$ you would expect it to bolt right up without having to spend 5+ hours on refabricating it...

I ordered an s-10 pan from aim last friday, so hopefully it will get here some time soon and I will have it installed and post some pics...

Meanwhile I finished glassing passenger side bumper end and put it on for a test fit after wet sanding it. It still needs some kind of paint or at least primer, but here is what test fit looked like:
    I agree, The pan is sold as scuff, prime paint....

When in reality its,

Test fit, then go WTF,

Then have a shit fit, cause you just paid all that for a POS and waited so long to get it,

then cut it to peices, re glass back together as close as possible to make it line up...

spend countless hours sanding getting the all the curves and body lines to flow and look right

prime

Scuff

Paint.....

BTW, x_concepts, Yours looks like its comming along nice, it looks like you'll have a completed product soon.. Keep it up...