Thread: best sounding muffler on a 2nd gen..

Question best sounding muffler on a 2nd gen..

i guess that question is open for opinion... but i basically want to get as deep sounding as i can on a stock 4.3.
    I naturally was thinking about getting a flowmaster, but im sure there are other quality mufflers out there that sound just as good, for less of a price... what about other brands like magnaflo, flopro or dynamax? Anyone have any experience with those?

And how noticeable is the difference between a single and duel out muffler? Like, aside from looking better with duel pipes, without actually having true duel exhaust, does it really sound alot better?

Resident Ranger Asshole MrRngr94's Avatar
    I've had both a dual out & a single out flowmaster on mine before. I currently have the single out installed. I liked the dual better, but then again the exhaust tips were bigger too. As for the other mufflers, I'm not sure. I was going to go with Magnaflow before I got my Flowmasters. I've heard good things about those too, but never actually heard one on a 4.3.

And just in case you're wondering why I got rid of the dual out, the person who installed it did a shitty instal & all the welds kept breaking plus we had to keep our spare in the back instead of under the truck.