Thread: Lifting

Question Lifting

I know this web site is about lowering blazers, but where I live its not really practical to do so(SNOW). So I was wondering if anybody could give me any info(websites,company's ect) on lifting my 87 S10 Blazer

I live over on Long Island in NY...we dont get insane ammounts of snow, but we get a few feet here and there. Last year was the first year I had my truck, and im SO glad i had 4 wheel drive.
    I never god stuck once!
    and the only bad thing, is that none of my friends DARED to drive their cars in the snow/slick roads so I got stuck driving everywhere (which was kinda cool....especially when i was going thru schoolyards)

my dad has a 98 dodge durango, and i notice a HUGE difference in how that truck performs compared to my ride. The durango is HUGE, and a beast, and even in 4wd it still has trouble getting over some high snow banks. My blazer is nearly 1000 pounds lighter than his truck, and my truck "floated" on the snow.
    now...my truck IS at stock height now, and i think im going to leave it that way.
    my idea for now is to get a NICE set of rims w/ low profile tires...17s would suffice
    this way, when the weather is nice i can throw on my good rims w/ stylin tires...and when the weather is crappy i can put on my radials.

just an idea
    '92 S-10
    Vortec 4.3L CPI engine
    MSD ignition control unit
    ACCEL wires & components
    BLAZIN it down the streets of Bellmore

MTX/Rockford Fosgate system
    280 watts of sub-pumpin power
    400 watts rippin those highs and mids
    all faced by a Pineer DEHP4100

Yea, but I want to find a lift kit for appearance also, so any info would be appriated

argve
    I used a Superlift Softride system in a dodge that I build. Took a 5.5 inch lift system and modified it to reach 9 inches of suspension lift. Road fairly well with Rancho RS9000 shocks. Have talked to other guys that have used systems from other various manufactures. The thing to remember is use a good shock and you will be happy. I would stick with one of the better known systems just for the standpoint that they have been in buisness for quite a while and their tech support will be more of a higher quality.
    like exporler pro comp - superlift - rancho - trailmaster or the like...