Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paralell Or Triangulated

Originally posted by SlimJimmy
    2 of the bars backwards, 2 forward.

its really 2 forward and 2 back, lol.

Without trying to start controversy ........ play around with some sticks and pay attention to the pinion angle change
    Last edited by bigjsp; 04-18-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Originally posted by bigjsp
    Without trying to start controversy ........ play around with some sticks and pay attention to the pinion angle change
    I agree, or even if you have legos. Those things are badass i can make ANYTHING with them...
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

www.guiltybydesign.net guiltybydesign's Avatar
    aaaaawww sheit, the days of legos:)

i wish everything was like legos...it just snaped togeather
    Just when you thought i faded away, I came back harder then ever...

I took the family to LEGOLAND in california but I didn't see any triangulated of parallel 4 links there, LOL

which way is the best to run them? bottom bars forward and top bars backwards? and what about a panhard? thats a parallel link basically right? but just going both ways.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

IMO all four bars parallel and forward with a Watts link is the strongest. For space reasons I elected to install a wishbone link to keep the rear "centered" in the roadster.

I have a diagonal link in the twin truck. that the bar running from the front diagponally to the rear in this pic.
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...&postid=249082

Panhard bars move the rear end side to side relative to the body as the body travels up and down but they are cheap and very resistance to side forces, if you enjoy cornering.

THe problem with the 50/50 is as viewed from th drivers side, the front bar is travelling in a ")" arc and the rear bar is traveling in a "(" arc. so with body travel from the top of its range to the bottom, the pinion angle change can be dramatic.

rollin holy member
    hey would you ever use a diagona bar with a street car i thought those things broke with up and down movement
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    IMO all four bars parallel and forward with a Watts link is the strongest. For space reasons I elected to install a wishbone link to keep the rear "centered" in the roadster.

I have a diagonal link in the twin truck. that the bar running from the front diagponally to the rear in this pic.
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...&postid=249082

Panhard bars move the rear end side to side relative to the body as the body travels up and down but they are cheap and very resistance to side forces, if you enjoy cornering.

THe problem with the 50/50 is as viewed from th drivers side, the front bar is travelling in a ")" arc and the rear bar is traveling in a "(" arc. so with body travel from the top of its range to the bottom, the pinion angle change can be dramatic.

Originally posted by dcblaze
    hey would you ever use a diagona bar with a street car i thought those things broke with up and down movement
    The reason why diagonal links break is when tightening the slotted head on the ladder or 4 link bolts, people don't "center" the travel on the diagonal rod end so that its in the free travel area of the slotted head.

on triangulated setups ive seen |/o\| and also |\o/| what is the difference? the first one looks good for leaving the gas tank alone.
    mycardomainpage

Re: 2nd gen 4 dr 4link

Originally posted by 9sixblazer
    i called chassis Tech today and they told me the make a BOLTON "roadgrader" for my 96 4 door. anyone know any thing about the Roadgrader?

yeah let us know how that fits. :rolleyes:

here is my general rule of thumb. if chassistech/AIM is the only company who has managed to build a kit for a specific application, it is garbage. If that wasnt true, other companies would be building them and AIM would be ripping off their designs. I think they classify anything with holes drilled in it as "bolt on"
    iLLconformity truck club
    House of Kohler...Winnipegs Minitruck Headquarters

has anyone ever used a watts link from totally polished they look bad ass but im pretty sure they dont get much lift
    Just when you thought i faded away, I came back harder then ever...

Originally posted by JERM
    on triangulated setups ive seen |/o\| and also |\o/| what is the difference? the first one looks good for leaving the gas tank alone.
    |/o\| is a reverse 4. i know two people with them and only one had problems cause he wasnt running shocks. he pulled out his driveshaft. but since he put shocks on, he hasnt run into any problems.

they dont work the same way? looks the same really. just flipped, they are all facing forward, how is it considered forwards?
    mycardomainpage

Concept I think he's refering to just have the 2 upper bars going forwards but one going out from the rearend and the others going centered off the rearend. Not having them reversed.

Those are basically the same thing. I know what you're talking about, and most of the time I see the 2 different ways of doing a forward 4-link, they do it due to space. Those aren't reverse 4-links.

A reverse 4-link is having the link facing the rear of the vehicle. A 50/50 is having 2 of the bar going forwards and 2 backwards - not the best. Then a 2-link is just 2 bottom bars and a panhard - not the best, and a 3-link is 2 bottom bars and a "Y" shaped bar or something similar to center the rearend. Then a 5 link and a 6 link, both of which I see no advantage over a proper triangulated forward 4-link... BIG might know something about those links I don't though since he's the almightly BIG :bigthumb: ;)

I have a Forward Triangulated 4-link on my S10 and by far it is the best riding and performance link I've rode in. That being said, I'd rode in 2-links, 3-links, mono's, parallel, albeit some were airbag's and some were coils. At my buddies shop we always do forward triangulated 4-links and move the gas tank to the rear by using a blazer tank. Unless a customer WANTS a specified link setup this is what we do, since it's what is legal and the best way to do it really.

There's my 2 cents since I haven't chimned in yet, and that AIM/Chassistech shit, don't go believing they have a magical bolt on link setup for blazers. The Roadgrader is the copy of the Roadgrater by ART as far as I know and that's only for S10s...?? Unless AIM has come up with another thing I haven't seen yet.

Nate