Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5" drop fender measurements

5" drop fender measurements

My truck is slammed up front. I'm gonna have to raise it up some, cause I don't wanna have a problem with hitting bumps at high speed. 100+ mph. I'd like for some fender measurements with a 5" drop up front. From the ground to the top of the fenderwell. Also, please include your tire size. I'm trying to get an idea of where my truck would sit with a 5" drop, instead of my coils that I cut down for about a 6.5-7".
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

hey man, i cant help you with any measurements, but i will buy those coils off of you. if you want to sell them. because my blazer isnt a daily driver so its cool. let me know.
    85 blazer-chassis w/zq8 wheels and enough parts layin around to build a badass mini. starting again Jan. 05
    2000 s10. bagged fbss.
    2002 4 dr blazer-completely stock daily driver.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    hey.....primed85 if u are gonna go to all the trouble of pullin down ur front suspension why not save some cash and cut ur own coils down.......that would make alot more sense....they are drop coils...im gettin the impression he just cut alot off of his existing ones
    ________
    Herbal Vaporizer Forum
    Last edited by supernova; 02-26-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Slow Ride
    I will get those measurement first thing in the morning for you. I bang the front crossmember when I hit bumps at high speeds 100+ even with the drop I have now. I sit about 3/8" off the factory bump stops and I can't get a floor jack under the damn thing. Anyway I'll get the measurements in the morning.

Sweet, thanks Knudsonm. Are yours cut, or just drop coils?? Tire size too please. My front coils are cut, drop coils. You would save money by just cutting yours down. They are heavy, and cost like 30 bucks for shipping, depending on where you live.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Slow Ride
    With P205/70R15 (26.3") tires it is 26 5/8" to the wheel lip at the centerline of the front tire. I used drop spindles and drop springs(progressive rate)

well i have some 2 inch coils. how much would i need to cut off them to get about a 6 or 7 inch drop up front.
    85 blazer-chassis w/zq8 wheels and enough parts layin around to build a badass mini. starting again Jan. 05
    2000 s10. bagged fbss.

You pretty much just gotta cut a little by little, put them back in the truck, and go from there. Just do little by little, and don't use a torch to cut them. You'll be alright then. Oh, and they will sag like 1/4-1/2 after you cut them. Mine did 1/4" within 2 days after cutting them.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

thanks for the help man. i figured i'd cut them with a cutting wheels on my grinder.
    2000 s10. bagged fbss.

When I asked my uncle about cutting my friends coils, he said only use a saw, and that for every 1/4 of the circle of coil (so about every 2in, of metal you lose), expect approx. a 1in drop, maybe a little more (depending on how worn down your coils are, and how heavy your truck is). You're not really supposed to cut coils, you're supposed to use drop coils for safety factors, but most people don't care.

If want a real big drop, then cut a full coil, but that might result in a 4in plus drop...so do like what was said...little by litte.

Nate

ok cool i guess i'll break out the hacksaw pretty soon. i plan on dropping it as soon as i get it fully shaved and primed.
    2000 s10. bagged fbss.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    mine measures 27.5 with 255/60R15, yes i know those are some ghetto big-ass tires. oh ya thats with 3'c-arms and 2' springs:rofl:
    Last edited by clean n low 84; 06-09-2002 at 06:07 PM.
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

mine is 27.5 with drop 3 inch drop coils and 2 inch drop spindels. that with 2.8 under the hood. so it might be a little bit lower with v8 in it. o tires are 205/65R15

Damn, thats pretty high with a 5' drop and that small of tires. I dont' think my truck dropped any with the v8 in there. It was dropped 4" already when I put my 8 in. I hoped it would drop more, but said F*ck it, and cut the coils.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Slow Ride
    Mine didn't drop anymore when I put the 350 in either.

One reason mine might be sitting lower I that mine has over 100000 miles on the drop.