Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy, need help

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    I didn't know that. I always throught when running headers you had to run an alternative shifter. Is that maybe just with a th350?
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Headers have absolutely nothing to do with the shifter
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

Originally posted by rlith
    Headers have absolutely nothing to do with the shifter
    I wouldn't say they have nothing to do with it you have to bend and tweak the linkage a lot to get it so it does not rattle against the headers when in drive.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

"For floor shift automatics, does not work with standard transmission."

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...19&prmenbr=361
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Thats only if you use #969-4689 mount plates require the use of Chevy mounting pads (#22188497) and shells (#10213125) to install SB-Chevy if you use the 2.8 mounts part # 969-9926 that does not apply.It also says must use TH350 tranny with 168 tooth flywheel and thats wrong too.

I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

I was more-or-less posting that fir "Headers have absolutely nothing to do with the shifter". But then again.. you are right. It has nothing to do with the shifter itself. But the linkage is what it means.

Anyway, I just remembered reading somewhere else (possibly here) that when running headers, specificly Headmans, you could not run the stock column shifter. Maybe whoever said it meant with a th350, th400, 700R4, etc... who knows.