Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to build me a set of sectioned plastic bumper ends for rollpan??

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar

Question Who wants to build me a set of sectioned plastic bumper ends for rollpan??

Ive decided that Im going to say Fuck R.A.W. and their half-ass pan and go back with stock plastic sides and modify the stock bumper to fit; till the truck gets painted and then ill have full metal smoothness ;)

I know a couple of you guys here have made your own modified plastic bumper ends and they turned out really nice.

Anyone want to build me a set? Name a price! (after I find a used set to send you, of course :D )

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    id do it for ya but i am away a college, if you can find anyone to do it for ya try it yourself it not hard just take you time
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

I did try to do my own and ruined the pieces. I couldnt figure out how much to section out and how to angle the cuts right so they would seam back together somewhat evenly...the bottom edge is what really messed me up due to the angle of the piece.

My MySpace Page

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    there was a how to on it some where do you ever see that
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

I had some pictures that a guy who first done it on here (I cant remember his username) sent me to go by but when I started...it was alot different than looking at a picture

My MySpace Page

id like to try it.. if you can give me good dimensions i can do it i used to do a lot of custom work on molded bumper covers back in votec
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    I did try to do my own and ruined the pieces. I couldnt figure out how much to section out and how to angle the cuts right so they would seam back together somewhat evenly...the bottom edge is what really messed me up due to the angle of the piece.
    I think you need to section out about 7 1/2". You actually want to leave a gap between the two after you cut them and put them back together. That way you can shift them exactly how you need to, then tape them on the front, glass the back, then glass the front. And about the buttom, I just took a triangle, drew a straight line and grinded it down untill it looked straight. Keep in mind that you will not see the buttom once its installed, it curves under the car.

I could do it for you, BUT it would take me a long ass time because of school and everything. I barely even have time to work on my own shit, so I wouldnt want to start on something else right now.

But after I have mine installed, I will end up with 2 stock pieces. I already have offers for them, But Im thinking about shortening them and seing how much I could get for them then... What would be a desent price for a set? And would any1 be interested?

Here is my progress on passenger side (ready to be primed/painted and installed):

Last edited by x_concepts; 10-20-2004 at 03:48 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

I would be interested in them.

I wonder how much I could get another set of used bumper ends for to experiment on?

Id like to have start to finish pics though so I know how to cut them properly.

I even have a set of s10 bed sides to do the end in all metal when I paint the truck (dont have the tools to section the sides myself)

My MySpace Page

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    I wonder how much I could get another set of used bumper ends for to experiment on?
    Here at junk yards they run about 30$ each... they not cheap... Or maybe its because Im white... Need to try to go there again with my mexican friend... Im gona try to sell mine for about 50$ the way they are now. If I will decide to section them, the price will go up. Not sure by how much yet, but prob around 80-90$.

By the way, sorry I dont have pictures of how they were cut.
    Last edited by x_concepts; 10-20-2004 at 06:30 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

They actually sell the S-10 bumber ends on this site i found. I thought those bumber ends on the S-10s were all one piece with the complete bed? They also have the blazer bumber ends.

S-10 bumber rear end

Blazer bumber end

The ends for s-10s are plastic. They are the ones that clip onto the metal ones for some stupid reason. You dont see those around very much, but when you do, they are ghetto...

Plus if I am not mistaking, that site is asking around 60$ per end right?
    VLAD

My 95

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    talk to 96blazin. he made a turioal on how to do it. it looks extremely uselfull. soloud if you are goin do it either let him do it or use his intrusctions...quite reliable!! ill try to find them for you

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    soloud, this is his sn. blazedncnfused98

i want the steel S-10 bumber ends but i cant find any around here, all the truks at the junk yards are stripped.

Originally posted by allupinu69
    i want the steel S-10 bumber ends but i cant find any around here, all the truks at the junk yards are stripped.
    There is this guy on ebay that sells stuff from some junk yard in florida that only deals with 2nd gen s-10s and blazers. His sn is s10warehouse or something like that. Look for him and ask him if he has an s-10 that was hit in the side or something that he could chop the end of of. He might be able to help you.

Actually let me go look for him and ask him. Ill let you know what he says...
    VLAD

My 95