Thread: Y-Pipe

Question Y-Pipe

I have always liked the look of dual exhuast but seeing how i only have the stock 4.3L I thought it would be best to do a y-pipe. I have found nothing on y-pipe's for an 89 blazer on the internet. I recently went to a Parts Source store and I was told a y-pipe would cost $109 Cnd. (Plus i need someone to weld it for me) if anybody has any information or suggestion on a y-pipe please speak up

'89 Blazer
    4x4 4.3L EFI
    Black
    nothing yet just got it still 16

just go with the dual exhaust it sounds good and will improve overall performance,but it is a little tricky if your blazer is lowered.

got any friends with a welder. You can make your self one man.

Cant be that hard...
    Think about it.

They are going to charge you 109 bucks for pipe in the shape of a Y
    make it!
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

There are no companies that make a dual exhaust system for a 1st gen blazer. Trust me, Ive looked. And 91Slammin is right, its way harder with a lowered truck.

Your only bet is to get a good exhaust shop to bend custom pipes for you. In the tight areas, they may flatten the pipe for clearance. This is ok, just make sure they arent restriciting the flow of the exhaust. Id go with probably 2 1/4 pipes. While your at it, add some high flow mufflers like flowmaster etc.. to free up some xtra HP.
    this is a test of the sig

Get rid of the cat too!
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

dual exhaust

ya I have dual with 2 1/4 pipe no cat with dynomax super turbo mufflers and I am lowered 3" I had to custom bend pipe to fit but I got it out the drivers side exactly same position as factory on the passenger side. sounds pretty good too. :D

Talking

Thanx guys i phoned midas today and they said to come over for them to take a look. becuase according to what this guy said you can't put dual exhuast on all those blazers. i think i will go for 2 1/4 or maybe just 2 becuase i do not really have performence in mind not yet maybe in year or two (383 stroker) right now "it is all show and no go"