Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: What numbers is your 4.3 puttin out?

  1. #31
    Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Albany, GA
    Posts
    548
    excellent info..thnx ppl
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

  2. #32
    Smash it 4.3 zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,193
    guess i didnt see this thread till today but here we go.... started as a 92 4.3L v6 CPI, been fully rebuilt, comp cams 270 HR .500 lift camshaft, edelbrock intake manifold, 500 CFM edelbrock carb, MSD distributer, MSD 6al ignition box, MSD blaster coil, MSD plug wires, March pulleys, custom headers, prolly a few other things i forot..... chrome valve covers and oil pan make you look like your going faster too :bigthumb:
    Ok this is dyno 2000 so i dont know how acurate it is...
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

    Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

  3. #33
    Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Albany, GA
    Posts
    548
    Originally posted by 4.3 zach
    guess i didnt see this thread till today but here we go.... started as a 92 4.3L v6 CPI, been fully rebuilt, comp cams 270 HR .500 lift camshaft, edelbrock intake manifold, 500 CFM edelbrock carb, MSD distributer, MSD 6al ignition box, MSD blaster coil, MSD plug wires, March pulleys, custom headers, prolly a few other things i forot..... chrome valve covers and oil pan make you look like your going faster too :bigthumb:
    Ok this is dyno 2000 so i dont know how acurate it is...
    So with a cam and some exterior motor work a 4.3 can push bout 300 to the wheels?
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

  4. #34
    Smash it 4.3 zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,193
    Originally posted by DJ Nitrous 427
    So with a cam and some exterior motor work a 4.3 can push bout 300 to the wheels?
    No That was according to a desktop dyno = not very acurate... and also alot of HP is lost throughout the driveline (transmission and rearend) i would say you might be at around 200-220 with a cam and a few other small mods......
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

    Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

  5. #35
    Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Albany, GA
    Posts
    548
    Originally posted by 4.3 zach
    No That was according to a desktop dyno = not very acurate... and also alot of HP is lost throughout the driveline (transmission and rearend) i would say you might be at around 200-220 with a cam and a few other small mods......
    so wuts a stock one push at the wheels?...bout 150?
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

  6. #36
    Registered User jj97blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Selma, North Carolina
    Posts
    522
    ok chevrolet made a 4.3 v8. they put them in, i think, 94-97 caprices and buick roadmasters. i have no clue what they put out. sport trucks magazine did a build up of a 3/4 350 (4.3/262) and they got 301hp out of the little basterd N/A. it was caburated but it was a 4.3. i think they got it out a 93. it was non vortec i know that much. no one makes a vortec intake manifold so you can convert the older non vortecs to vortec yet so they had to use the stock head but they reworked the hell out of them and shaved as much as they could. id love to put a v8 in my 97 so if anyone has a ls1 just laying aroud that they wanna get ride of hit me up.

    later yall
    JJ
    Last edited by jj97blazer; 11-10-2004 at 06:49 PM.
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    34
    about your 4.3 liter question,

    if you calculate it out, it is a 262 small block which they also make in V8's. they used to be the 262 v8's in old corvettes and pickups back in the 50's. the whole reason they made the 4.3 v6 was to be out a corvette because its a stong block and is very light. take a 350 and cut off 2 cylinders and thats what we all have.
    soon to be pimped out and slammed, sitting on 31's right now

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Clyde Ohio
    Posts
    90
    Actually u can make over 400 hp with a 4.3 buyt u need about 4 grand to do it lol .... granted it might not run to great at anything lower than 1,500 rpms but i guarantee it iwll haul ass ... ifi had the money to build one i would do it just cuz it's different i think ... i guess dropping the V-8 has lost it's charm with me
    4.3 l auto and alot of rust and a yellow bubble light on top

  9. #39
    LT1 Inside
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    71
    Originally posted by jj97blazer
    ok chevrolet made a 4.3 v8. they put them in, i think, 94-97 caprices and buick roadmasters. i have no clue what they put out.
    Well the couldn't put them in 97, because the b-body was done after 96, and they were rated at 200hp/240ft-lbs
    1994 S10 Blazer - LT1/4L60E, 3.42s
    1994 S10 Longbed - LB4/NV3500, 2.73s

  10. #40
    91chevys10
    Guest
    alright my buddy has a 00 noma with the 4.3 he bought the powerdyne supercharger it came with the new fuel managment system, headers, cat back exhaust and computer shit, he also upgraded his ignition to msd distributor, coil, and 6al box and he also built his own functional ram air with his cervini's ram air hood, when he put it on the dyno it pushed 380hp and 435ft. lbs of tourqe at the rear wheels and ened up spending about 7 grand canadian on it, so with money it can be done to push the hp way up but have a SORT of stock motor

  11. #41
    Registered User Blazin03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Hood, AZ
    Posts
    1,207
    Originally posted by jj97blazer
    it was non vortec i know that much. no one makes a vortec intake manifold so you can convert the older non vortecs to vortec yet so they had to use the stock head but they reworked the hell out of them and shaved as much as they could.


    JJ
    Edelbrock makes an intake for vortech heads and a 4 barrel. And you can get an adapter made so you can put a throttle body on.

  12. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    39

    vortec intake

    edelbrock makes a carb intake for98 and up vortec heas i got one.

  13. #43
    TL Jax Ass 87v8blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    632
    There is a guy in town with a fully forged bottom end 4.3 with edlebrock intake, 650 cfm holley DP, a custom ground comp cam with .550 lift on the intake and exhaust & a nitrous plate system that he was spraying a 100 shot. He ran a 8.5 at 88 mph in the 1/8th mile spinning pretty good. In a portly 4 door 2nd gen blazer. Thats a lot of money to run with a lightly modded ls1 car, but he did it "to be different" I just want to go faster. I also saw and untuned vortec supercharged s10 ss run a string of low 10s at 65 in the 1/8th mile. There are a lot of nitrous powered 4.3 s10s in the 13s at a little over 100 in the 1/4 mile.
    1987 s10 bazer v8 blazer
    2001 Camaro SS
    2006 saturn ion-2

    member of Tony Low jax asses

  14. #44
    Got Torque? 02xtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Springfield VA
    Posts
    74
    my 02 blazer xtreme (auto) dynoed at 150rwhp and 207rwtq with just a K&N intake

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •