Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some exhaust questions

some exhaust questions

soon i will be getting some 40 series flowmasters for my 2.8, i will take it to a muffler shop to have true-duals custom bent. i was wonderind what size inlet/outlet i should get, and also should i get centered or offset inlet and outlets? does it matter? and also, i heard that having that right pipes out the back gives it the good sound, but i have always thought that turndowns would be louder. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW I AM COMING! i want my exhaust to be loud. what should i do? try to answer all the questions if possible....lol:rofl:
    Yahoo! Messenger = wintermc
    AOL Messenger = wintermc2

Hating the stupid
    just remember tho' the louder the exhuast, means you may not hear your music as well in the car just the 411.
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar

damnit ace

dont spoil this kids dream of a 2.8L 6 banger with dual blowmasters.ha ha ha anyway, thats what aftermaket speakers are for. when i had my 94 fullsize chevy X-cab, I had a mildly built 350 with open headers on it(SOB was loud as fuck) and I could hear the music fine on Vol. 15 with a 140wt. amp hooked to 2 boston A. 3 1/2's

You drove your truck around with jsut open headers? I bet that motor lasted a good while.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

It had full length headers not shorties so we didnt need to worrie about cold air sucking in and bending a valve. yea the motor lasted about 6 months till the frame of the truck gave way. motor still worked. just had a broken frame. every vehicle Ive had at one time had open headers it dont hurt anything

it was a 94 x-cab fullsize use to have 4 pumps-20 batteries and 16 switches, on 20's then it went to an SPL monster. then the guy jacked it up 9inches over stock with 35 Super swampers and sold it. the c-notch he did looked like shit and held strong like shit to.

so you didn't have no mufflers or pipes off your headers. why would want to ride down the street with just open headers. to me i would only doing that if i was running at the track.

your correct, open exhaust = no pipes or mufflers off the headers, well one it was loud as fuck and intimidating, it was louder outside if you were in a car next to it. and i didnt fell like spending money on exhaust (Whole $60) when it ran fine. also.

to me i would only doing that if i was running at the track.

well mine wasnt a track truck. it was a fullsize x-cab raised 9 inches above stock on 35x14.5x15 super swampers

why would want to ride down the street with just open headers

well heres my ? why the fuck would someone put supra lights on a blazer, why do people like rag tops, why do people put wings neon and coffee cans on their car? so people like you can complain and ask questions about it.

peace out

having a loud ass jack up truck doesn't intimidatte me one bit. it makes me laugh b/c you are riding around in farm vehicle. please keep the farm vehicles off the road. if you can't spend a couple dollars to at least some cheap mufflers on it then wait until get a paycheck. hey 15years&blazin if you are going to keep the blazin with the 2.8 in it get some headers and go with 2 1/4 inch pipe with some dynomax or flowmasters.it doesn't matter about the offset or center.

i didnt have the money to do true dual exhaust so i just went with the single in / dual out w/ turndown tips-------DAMN IT SOUNDS GOOD It has a 2 1/2 inlet and dual 2 1/4 outlets. it is kinda too loud while cruising, w/ the turndouns, so i will prolly put it out the back
    Yahoo! Messenger = wintermc
    AOL Messenger = wintermc2

hey
    yeah i was going to put some exhaust on mine too, i was gonna replace the cat and do a cat back split exhaust out the back but then found out that running them out the back would create an exhaust leak in the cabin. so i was gonna run them on the sides out the back but then theres the brake line so i dont know what too do, anyway i wanted to know how much it costed yoiu to get your curent setup?

Farm vehicle my ass, lets see your ride. mine was a 94' x-cab silverado, use to be sitting on 20's with hydros. then it became an spl monster with 4 15's back in 95 he hit 166 on the dash and it was a daily driver. then it got jacked up by the same owner keep all the tvs and 15's dvd, 3000 true watts of power. we put a motor in that cost damn near $7000 the frame couldnt hold up and broke.fuck you, so lets see your ride, I have 4 mufflers all 40 series flowmasters 2 chamber.

my damn motor alone probally cost more than your whole truck beeeooottccchhh.

o yea lets see you vehicle

peace out

are you mad that i call your jacked up truck a farm vehicle? am sorry. not. i have 2 vehicles. i have a 87 blazer that i have since i started driving. which it is getting v8 in it soon. and a 95 sunfire. which i am fixing up both at the same time. if u want to see my blazer look in the 1st gen s-series go back to 45days under i can't post my pictures. it's there.now show me that farm vehicle

Heres the So-called FARM TRUCK

check it out here, bitch theres a few shots of it.

I aint going looking you post a link to your vehicle and lets see that peice of shit.

http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...=211029&page=6

peace out

well i give you this at least it's a chevy farm vehicle. you spent damn near $7000 for a motor and you can't even spend $60 bucks for a muffler. damn that set you back a hole lot. another thing you might be able to get away with that in your town. riding around with no mufflers and pipes but they will lock your ass up here. drive that thing around here and see what they call it. A FARM VEHICLE. if you want to see my blazer look for it. i would rather be in my blazer any day of the week than that thing. and riding around no exhaust is not good for any motor

i disagree

hey sup
    this soo called farm vehicle your talking about is an awesome peice of work.
    you obviouly didn't grow up in the country at all. I've been driving dirt bikes quads trucks everything since i was like 5. Off road driving is alot harder than it looks when you have all 4 wheels spinning and climbing a hill doing 80 steering is something you severly lack so you have to know what your doing. I bet you that if you drove off road once in something like that you'de love it.

However street is also awesome too, being soo low to the ground and haveing soo much performance is a rush.
    i just figured i'de give my two cents, dont diss things you dont understand!