Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some exhaust questions

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    thanx label_sk8r at least someone can appreciate the truck. hey m8w6r77 I had the money for exhaust just why spend it if it is not needed. anyway I have a Blazer to im building with a v8 and you know what, its got all the goodies and im not going to run exhaust when I first get it running and I also have a toyota camry.

peace out

i understand off roading. my buddies and me use to do it all the time. the thing that im saying is running no exhaust is not a good thing on the street. and he would not get far on the street here. as soon has he would start that truck up the cops would be here in matter of 20 minutes b/c va sucks. im was giving him hard time on the exhaust. i called it a farm vehicl b/c it would not be allowed offf the farm here. another thing is that anything louder than stock is illegal here. i like jacked up truck and suv's i think it looks cool. espeically gm trucks.

o.k, lets get back to the exhaust questions..
    i have true dual exhaust with pipes out the back, (over the rear end and out the back with chrome tips), it looks good but i would rather an extremely louder sound, its loud and smooth but i want like "ohh my god what the fuck!" loud! so should i get short turn downs, or also theres these huge chrome weld-on tips that are called boom tubes, anyone heard of them? are they louder?? keep in mind that i live in the city and i do have emissions laws and i must have an exhaust system so no straight pipes for me!
    gimme some answers guys, and stop arguing, chevys are sick even if there raised or slammed!
    MY BLAZER IS FOR SALE - CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS

$3000 O.B.O

the v6 that have in my blazer now has headers with a dynomax muffler. it goes right out the back on both side and it goes through the cat. never heard of the boom tubes. what does your exhaust have now?

im not sure what kind of exhaust system it is, but its a dual after-cat performance exhaust system, how could i find out what kind it is?? and how could i make it louder?
    MY BLAZER IS FOR SALE - CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS

$3000 O.B.O

well need to look on the muffler to what type of muffler it is. i would get a high flow cat and a flowmaster or dynomax muffler. i think that you are using stock exhaust manifolds with your fuel injections. i don't know if they have any tubes that run off of them to smog pump. if they do i don't what to do about headers for it.