Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blazer Jimmy grill???

It doesnt seem like it would be too hard to mold it together. The hardest part, I think, will be to get the strips alligned.

At first I didnt really think it would look all that good, but now I kind of starting to like it. Looks pretty damn custom.
    VLAD

My 95

uh, it was in some "post random pics" thread. i don't remember exactly which one though.
    2/3 drop on my 4X4
    99 Jimmy. Envoy bumper|Xenon body kit|Flowmasters|Volant intake|MSD 6AL + coil|TBS|MAF mod|March pulleys|Perma-Cool E-Fan|EGR limiter|High flow TB blade|HPP3|Billet A/C & Headlight knobs|Billet grill + GMC letters|Clear tails|Blue neons|Reverse glow gauges|RE 10"

www.cardomain.com/id/bristol167

ERRATIC SHOW TRUCKS (TX)
    can you still use the Xtreme air dam if you do this? and lookin at the pics.. is it me or is there a reasonable gap by the grill and the blinkers.. if i dont wanna glass that gap, would blinkers from a fullsize work?

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    no fullsize blinkers wont work, if you dont want the gap you have to chop up the jimmy grill

I am goinog to start doing this once i got home for x-mas break. They only reason i bought the jimmy shell is just for the general shape. Once i begin doing this i will be sure to take plenty of pictures so if you guys are wanting to do it. and yes a extreme air dam will still work
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

ERRATIC SHOW TRUCKS (TX)
    ill be spendin the 80 bucks next week for both the 98 sonoma and s10 grills ( i love workin at an auto parts store lol), then yankin my grill off my blazer puttin the sonoma one on, cuttin the side bars off the new grill tryin to put em on good enough to hold, and start layin some glass.. it almost looks like a fullsize grill..

CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE MY BLAZER X

well let me know how it goes for you, last time i was home got all the parts and began taking the measurement so, hopfully in once i got home the end of next week i will be able to begin chopin and sectioning

Do you really have to chop the gimmy grill? Because I have seen a jimmy with an s-10 xenon cover and he only had gaps under the headlights, which I think are smaller than chevy headlights + turnsignals + the strip. Grill was just touching the cover, kind of like s series grilles do.

I really want to see what it turns out like, so take lots of pics, because that seems to be custom as hell. Im thinking about doing that (if you dont mind).

Also how are you planning on attaching the turn signals to the core? Or are you just gona leave that part of chevy grill on there?
    VLAD

My 95

no you probley dont need to chop it up. however i am goin to close the gaps at them bottom by the turn signals, and i dont want the grill to stick out past the hood like how the factory jimmy grills do. i am goin to have it flush with the hood like on a blazer. the turn signals will still be attached to the outer portions of the factory blazer grill that i am keeping. height wise it will be perfect as is, the only reaseon jimmys have those outer humps is because there headlights are smaller. so that wont be a problem.

i will be sure to take plenty of pics.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Here is the gap in reference. It's not terrible but is fixed with a GMC/Olds bumper cover where they hump up right on the edge to fill the gap. The bumper in this pic is a 98+ S-10 bumper.

http://www.blazinlow.com/s10blazed/t...0assembled.jpg

ERRATIC SHOW TRUCKS (TX)
    can someone chop this grill to what it would look like with an xtreme airdam so i can get a better idea if i like it or not.. thanks

kyle

best in class mini suv AUTORAMA 04

Originally posted by s10blazed
    Here is the gap in reference. It's not terrible but is fixed with a GMC/Olds bumper cover where they hump up right on the edge to fill the gap. The bumper in this pic is a 98+ S-10 bumper.

http://www.blazinlow.com/s10blazed/t...0assembled.jpg
    Your thinking of bumper gap...

I think they are more worried about headlight to grill lower corner gaps. not the gap from bumper to bottom of headlights. they want s10 lights to work with a full GMC grill and S-10 grill center bars on the outside in the pictures.
    Im2Drunk2C: well bro i gotta run, work time
    Im2Drunk2C: later
    B o I k 2 0: alright
    B o I k 2 0: before you go tho
    B o I k 2 0: I love you
    Im2Drunk2C: awwww
    Im2Drunk2C: <3

yeah boink that is the gap that need to be adjusted. that is why i will be choping up the jimmy factory grill in order to get rid of that gap

like i said before they only reason i am using a jimmy grill is for its gerneral shape. i am not just slapin a jimmy grill on with s-10 headlights

I gotcha. But I'm also confused... are you and slow 89 doin a similar swap or have I been imaging that?

this is what i am doin, thats my blazer and me in the mac tools shirt.

the reason i am cutting it up is get it to be flush with the hood, since factory jimmy grills stick out past the hood, and to get all the gaps nice and tight

Yeah, I gotcha. I was having a brain fart when I was thinking about the bumper/headlight gap. I know who you are and your truck. I met you at Summit.