Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '02 Blazer front end on an '85 blazer......

i'd like to see that blazer. i will post pics when we start working on it.
    UCE C.C. Modesto Chapter

What I was doing when I was doing the Denali front end on my Ranger (never started it....its in the JY)
    I had to section the front and top of the stock fender off and weld on the top and front of the Denali fender. This way I kept the stock wheelwell and the stock fender/door gap. Next, the Denali hood was laid on and 10" sectioned out the middle. Custom Rad support. The grill was to be sectioned 10" as well. The bumper had to be diced with 10" coming out of the width then 4" from the height. Taking the 4" out of the height allows me to utilize the stock fog lights and not just cut the bottom 4" off. For someone who can work and form metal very well, not to mention weld sheet metal GREAT, it wouldn't be a HARD swap but it is definately alot of work.
    If you ain't draggin, Don't be braggin

blaze

I have a pic of a 91 blazer with a 99 front end on it. I will post it up tommorow.

Here you go

Heres a pic of the swap i found
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Here you go

Originally posted by scrappin82
    Heres a pic of the swap i found
    bah thats cdubz blazer, hes on the forum too
    My trucks have a few mods

why couldnt you just take the front clip off the newer style and finger it out wouldnt that be easier then trying to replacate fenders and al that b/s?

that might be a dumb idea but oh well.....
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

Cool lookin blazer. looks like he put alot of work into it.

i just removed my front end and am working on the doors (suicide and shaving).
    UCE C.C. Modesto Chapter

Originally posted by u_aint_REDie
    why couldnt you just take the front clip off the newer style and finger it out wouldnt that be easier then trying to replacate fenders and al that b/s?

that might be a dumb idea but oh well.....
    because you would have to cut off the front of a 2nd gen door and put it on. I have found that the 2nd gen front ands are about 4 inches shorter than the 1st gen.
    I did my homework before starting my conversion and I came up with this:
    There is no wrong way to do it, you can cut off just the front of a 2nd gen and weld it to the first gen fenders
    You can cut both fenders and graft them together (how I did)
    Or you can cut the bottom completely off a 2nd gen, use 2nd gen doors and front end.
    Mine is similar to the one that was featured in Mini Truckin because I liked that look the best. However, I have a body line going around the wheel well were as the silver star customs one is flat and doesnt look right to me.
    I also am putting in the effort to make my hood open stock and not resort to suiciding it due to the gap inbetween the hood and windsheild, I am modifying a 2nd gen hood that doesnt curve in the back but goes straight across then i will be building a removable piece to fill in the gap between the hood and windsheild.....basicly a home made smooth wiper cowl.

btw
    scrappin82
    its a 87 not a 91.....thanks for posting a picture of mine......I didnt think anyone was really watching the build up from time to time :bigthumb:
    :hifu:
    87 350/350, juiced, body dropped on 20s, 00 sonoma front end conversion, shaved everything FOR SALE! http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100059983.htm
    -=Honky's Garage=-
    custom parts

http://www.myspace.com/infamousdubz

blaze

Oh were watching!