Thread: intake and exhaust

intake and exhaust

i am looking for a cold air intake for my Beast
    4.3 tbi

and i also have found a flow master muffler for $130 i am wondering if it would be posible for me to place it after my cat. For the rear pipes ( it has a splitter from one inlet to dueloutlet) dumped either out the side before the wheel or should i dump it more in the middle and just before the axel:confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks
    Last edited by Extreme; 12-08-2001 at 06:33 PM.

Cool Exhaust Suggestion

I have a new cat and a stainless exhaust. From the cat is one big pipe that enters my muffler, then two pipes come out, turn towards and over the frame, and exits in front of the passenger side rear wheel. The guy i bought the truck from did it, and called it "Nascar" style. It looks works, and sounds real good.

Check out the pic, its hard to see but the exhaust is there.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

WESSSIDE GAME PLAYAH!! 91_blazer's Avatar

a little info...

just to help you out, about 2 months ago i was exactly were you are right now, i thought seriously about a cool air intake setup, and maybe a turbo off of a typhoon well after shopping around i found both the turbo is 3500 bucks installed because of custom headers he would have to make and the intake is 190 i think it was k&n so i went home and thought about it... 3700 bucks for intake and a turbo that would get the blazer down around 6-7 seconds 0-60 well then i compared to a v-8 swap that i was looking at the same time i can put a 383 400hp (newly rebuilt) motor in my blazer for around 3800 bucks now you know that after i put all that money into a 4.3 to make it fast there isnt really anything besides NOS that i could do, so i decided on the v-8 swap because you can hook a small block chevy up to 600 horse and ill have a hard time beliveing you can get a 4.3 liter motor up there, anyway about your exhaust a local place told me 600 bucks to have a flowmaster system but on with dual exhaust out the back but that is a new system from my headers back, you probally only need from cat. on so im sure it will be alot less if i was you id drop it out the middle right before the rear end, thats what blazinlow did i think and it hides your exhaust pipes anyway hope that helped
    -Roby
    2wd 91 blazer
    3.42 rear end
    4.3 TBI
    5-5 drop on the way with my 18 inch American Racing Nooz rims that i just got on...

the v8 is something i would get down the road
    but where can i get the turbo from the typoon??
    i went to the dealer and he said it wasn't availble through them

i kinda wan't to get some things from the dealer becasue i get it at cost
    (usto work there)

WESSSIDE GAME PLAYAH!! 91_blazer's Avatar
    yeah i know you can use the exhaust manifolds off the typhoon but as far as turbos go, i dont know how many miles you have but you might want to think about a rebuild first and as for the turbos, i just looked around in the phone book and i found a turbo and supercharger shop in town so i went to him and he told me they have them for 4.3 tbi's so im sure they have them for your 4.3 i know that they use mostly paxton stuff so if you look into paxton you might find the turbos
    -Roby
    2wd 91 blazer
    3.42 rear end
    4.3 TBI
    5-5 drop on the way with my 18 inch American Racing Nooz rims that i just got on...