Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Suicide Hood How-to...

haha yeah actually your the one i got the idea from... just couldnt remember who it was...lol
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

!! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    thas badass i think that is pretty cool. i might have to try that. thanx for tellen us how-to on that...
    later kyle
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

damn... the first, second, and sixth pics look GREAT!.... lol... nice how too... i like the updated one... here are some pics of mine after dealing with Nite
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My suicide hood @ http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/710398

88 s10 Blazer 4.3l 2wd 2dr. Altezza tails, soon to be clear corners and bumbers... painted interior(soon to be redone)... 3/4 drop.. suicide hood.. limo tint in rear windows... 2004 sony explode digital flipface deck with 2 12" jvc competition subs and kicker amp. Soon to be changed cuz i blew the shyt out of them.

Yeah they do.. lol.. thanks for letting me use some of your pics... and thanks alot for your help in rewriting the how-to as well...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

no bro.. thx for all the help u gaev me during the project
    My suicide hood @ http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/710398

88 s10 Blazer 4.3l 2wd 2dr. Altezza tails, soon to be clear corners and bumbers... painted interior(soon to be redone)... 3/4 drop.. suicide hood.. limo tint in rear windows... 2004 sony explode digital flipface deck with 2 12" jvc competition subs and kicker amp. Soon to be changed cuz i blew the shyt out of them.

Registered User switchedupblaze's Avatar
    hey can u guys let me know when u get the how to on the 2nd gen done cuz i would really like to do it and if there is any parts that i could get now that u know of that would be great too.

thnx
    4 DOOR LOVE
    1500 watt Pheonix Digital amp
    2 JL W3 12's in a ban pass box
    4 6.5" JL evolution 3 components in doors

hopefully roger is coming over tomorrow so we can finish it up... if so i should have it wrote up next week... you can in the meantime head to the junk yard and pick up a set of mid 80s Buick Lesabre hood hinges, and while your there snag some clip nuts and bolts from a 1st gen fenderwells or rad support... you will also need a 1/2" diameter rod to put inside the support rod and a section of 1 1/2" wide 1/8" thick band metal...
    Build Thread

I already have my blazer painted. will I damage too much?
    Thanks

Registered User switchedupblaze's Avatar
    any updates on the second gen yet??

i was at school the other day and snagged like 2 ft of 1/8"x4" metal b/c i forgot the measurements u gave plus i got the clip nuts and bolts now all i need is the hinges which i kno where some are just need a lil more $$$ cuz the guy wants 45 for em and i also need the how to wit alota pics

thnx
    Josh
    4 DOOR LOVE
    1500 watt Pheonix Digital amp
    2 JL W3 12's in a ban pass box
    4 6.5" JL evolution 3 components in doors

Sorry bout that man... still waiting to get together with roger to finish it up... i guess i can have him take some pics for me and i can write it up with what weve gotten done... all that we needed to do was the rear latch... but ii think i have it figured out, and i saw a thread with some ideas...
    Build Thread

so how many hours does this take with two guys lets say on a first gen.? i dont know if any one asked so i guess i will. b/c my truck is coming closse to go ing to votech with me this up comeing week so i can do some shaven and frenching ....

kyle
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    *edit* took me about 5 hours and u can do it by urself easily
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

thanx.

well im going to be in shop with a lot of ppl there to help me out so thats why i said 2 ppl but thanx...

i hope im in the right spot for this. i know how to do up my hood and have a hinge for it. my questionis how can i do this to a fiberglass hood? how do i go about re-inforcing it?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    heres an idea.. dont know if it will work that well, but....

take i piece of 1/4 steel the width of the hinges then selves and then fiberglass them in to where the new hinges will mount, then just carefully drill the holes and your set.. maybe... seems like if you glass it enough you should be fine
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love