Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Suicide Hood How-to...

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    I'd like to do this, but where I would relocate the coolant resovior to is right where my oil filter is located. :(

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    you can locate it in the same spot just move it over a few inches:bigthumb:
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    is this what you did?

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    heres an idea.. dont know if it will work that well, but....

take i piece of 1/4 steel the width of the hinges then selves and then fiberglass them in to where the new hinges will mount, then just carefully drill the holes and your set.. maybe... seems like if you glass it enough you should be fine

thanks man, im going to have to try that. it sounds like it will work. thanks

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by ProfessorKaos
    is this what you did?
    yea for now.... untill i get a smaller one or find a better place

Originally posted by blazedime
    thanks man, im going to have to try that. it sounds like it will work. thanks
    it should if you do it ryt, think enough andbites down good to the original fiberglass
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

yea it should work, a buddyof mine does fibergalss and i got steel here so it should work. soon as im done doin what i got going on now, ill attack that next. but im an ass a molded my cowl pannal to the fenders so now i have to crak that open. lol its only in primer for now so ill just remold it lol

yeah it should work fine... as long as you have that metal in there to spread the weight youll be just fine... and once you get it done... cracking open the cowl will be well worth it...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

yea but i like the molded look. but this is a definate project for me to do in the near future. put it this way before the sommer is over it will be done

Registered User switchedupblaze's Avatar
    any word on the 2nd gen yet??
    i got everyting and i was lookin at how i could do it and i think i got everything figured out except the rear hinge part so if u could help me with that that would be nice.
    4 DOOR LOVE
    1500 watt Pheonix Digital amp
    2 JL W3 12's in a ban pass box
    4 6.5" JL evolution 3 components in doors

sorry havent done it yet but im going to in the next couple days...you can check here for updates...

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showth...51#post1890351
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Soon 2 B Draggin' By You! slammin minis's Avatar
    hey IDK if this was asked but i'll ask anyway, are there any special things i gotta do b/c i have a 350 or wont it matter, also, will this way work for newer model s-10s? My friends got a 95 and he wants to do it on that.

hey IDK if this was asked but i'll ask anyway, are there any special things i gotta do b/c i have a 350 or wont it matter
    engine doesnt matter... i have a 350 in mine...

also, will this way work for newer model s-10s? My friends got a 95 and he wants to do it on that.
    yes it will work on the 2nd gens... but there is a little more work involved... you have to move the fuse box on the drivers side and the ECM on the pass ... plus the rear latch setup will be different... i'm gonna be making a how-to for 2nd gens in the next couple days...
    Build Thread

anyone have the slightedt idea on how much different it would be on a fullsize chevy?
    Warrantykiller: you need to rob a bank
    Originally posted by bigjsp

damn straight, pump her monkey and make her know that she's with a chevy guy

!! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar

nick

i think it might but ull have to extend it a lot.. and i would use a bigger bar for strenght .. i wouldnt see y not. man
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

Puttin the &amp;quot;Sport&amp;quot; in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    Yes, you will have to extend it a couple of inches for a full size, but I have seen it done. The cross bar is just to keep the hinges opening at the same rate so the hood doesn't twist or bind during operation, so you shouldn't have to replace it with a larger diameter one. You will have to figure out something different for the rear latch though, and yes, you do need a latch. Otherwise it will try come open on you at anything over about 40mph.