Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Suicide Hood How-to...

!! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    take some pics of it.. i wanna see what it looks like on a fsc... when u get to that part...
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

Soon 2 B Draggin' By You! slammin minis's Avatar
    Originally posted by Nite Dragon
    yes it will work on the 2nd gens... but there is a little more work involved... you have to move the fuse box on the drivers side and the ECM on the pass ... plus the rear latch setup will be different... i'm gonna be making a how-to for 2nd gens in the next couple days...
    Sweet, thanks a lot!! Also thanks for the tutorial here. I've wanted to suicide my hood ever since i saw it done. So thanks for the good pics and such.

(¯`·._) Mem #698 (¯`·._) Deception's Avatar
    Where can i get the kit to do that?

My bad yeah later after I was done drooling over the pics and the idea of me doing that to my truck. I started to read the how to and noticed that the hinges came from another car. The reason I asked about were I could get the kit is because I have seen many times in truckin mag. and others a kits for hood so I thought I would ask if someone knew were I could get a cheap kit.

My Bad

Last edited by Deception; 03-10-2006 at 06:58 PM.

- Later -
    - Jerry -

Check out my site's for pic's of my Jimmy's & Typhoon!

i dont think anyone makes a kit for this yet.

if they do i need to know about it.

im gonna google it
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

what kit.... did you even read the thread?? it tells you what to get and how to do it..
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

well

i cant weld!

so the cutting of the bar shorter and welding it back, i cant do.

i see your point though.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

you dont have to weld the support bar back together... i didnt... i used a v8 manual fuel pump pushrod hammered inside the support for mine... but you can use any 1/2" pipe, rod, threaded stock, etc... all the bar does is keep the hinges from twisting and opening together...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

can we ge tthe installation pics back im intersted in doing the mod?

not sure why the pics dont work anymore... they are all linked off my homepage.... there is a link in my sig below....
    Build Thread

does anyone know where u can get a smaller rad overflow

very good write up

just wanted to throw it out there, but a lot 94-97 s10's came with the ECM's under the gas and fuse boxes in the side of the dash's... blazers might be diff, but the trucks did. i've bd'ed a few 94-96's and they all had ecm's and fuseboxes in the cab already from factory.

Brooklin67s... im sure jegs or summit would have one....

91drggndime... yeah all the 2nd gens have the ECM there and require relocation... this how-to is for 1st gens.... i stayed away from writing one up for the 2nd gens since i dont have access to one... a couple guys on s10forum wrote one up...
    Build Thread

Nite Dragon... thanks for the info on the mod. I have found the same hinges on various years of park avenues also. I'll be doing my 2nd gen over the winter, as soon as the body drop is done... I think I'll have an easy time suiciding the hood seeing that my engine and tranny are being rebuilt.

thanks again
    --- S.I.C. St Louis ---
    My Body Drop Thread

There is a great how to on 2nd gen suicide hood in the " 2nd Gen" section. It had lots of pictures and was very informative when I did my hood.

Ritch...

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

slash... yeah it should be real easy for ya... everything is already moved outta the way... even the engine...lol
    Build Thread