Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1st Gen Suicide Hood How-to...

hey nite...wut did u use to cut the stock hinges with

you can use whatever you want to cut it... hacksaw, sawzall, cutoff wheel... just make sure you modify the lower hinge bracket before you cut the hinge itself to make sure it fits correctly...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Hood

Just wanted to say thanks for the directions did my hood Sunday turned out great and costed less then $20.00 Hinges was only $13
    Last edited by drrllty; 04-23-2007 at 02:52 PM.

np man... glad to help...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

I know this will throw a wrench into the gears, but has anyone looked at the mid eighties and up 735i BMW's. I'm thinking of sizing one up to see if it'll work.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

no havent seen them... but as long as its a 2 position hinge it should work ok...
    Build Thread

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomsmasher View Post
    I know this will throw a wrench into the gears, but has anyone looked at the mid eighties and up 735i BMW's. I'm thinking of sizing one up to see if it'll work.
    They are COMPLETELY different than the Buick hood hinge. Looked like a lot more fabrication to make it work.

And Nite Dragon, I was wondering if you were still around. Hadn't seen you post for a while.

oh yeah im still around... im on here everyday... just not a big poster unless its about the hoods or my new frontend...
    Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver View Post
    They are COMPLETELY different than the Buick hood hinge. Looked like a lot more fabrication to make it work.

And Nite Dragon, I was wondering if you were still around. Hadn't seen you post for a while.
    Yeahs thats what I was hoping for, something different! We have a couple at the salvage yard I work at on weekends and like the way the hood opens to the front and has double latches much like the vettes have. I may not even change the present way, but always look for a different avenue when possible.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

i really need a 2wd 4dr.. delinquent266's Avatar
    back from the depths! lol, Has anyone done this on a first gen that has ABS? That seems to be what's holding me back right now on getting this accomplished... Any one have any info? thanks
    '93 GMC Jimmy s15 4x4.
    *black 20s
    *18" Kicker solo-x
    *4/3 drop.
    *Flowmaster muffler w/dual exit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/delinquent266

149.2 dB at the dash at 45 Hz

Justin's quest to reach 150dB!!!

dont see that it would be an issue... the abs unit shouldnt be anywhere near where the hinge brackets would be... the lower hinge bracket mounts on the fender lip by the rad support and the upper is about the middle of the hood... and the latches are where the original hood hinges are...if you can post some pics of your abs unit.. ill compare it too mine and let ya know for sure...
    Build Thread

i really need a 2wd 4dr.. delinquent266's Avatar
    ok, i'll take some pics when i get a chance. thanks
    '93 GMC Jimmy s15 4x4.
    *black 20s
    *18" Kicker solo-x
    *4/3 drop.
    *Flowmaster muffler w/dual exit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/delinquent266

149.2 dB at the dash at 45 Hz

Justin's quest to reach 150dB!!!

I'd like to know this too. That's the only reason I haven't done mine yet.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

i sent ya a pm.. but like i said on there.. i know i like 48 years late on this but is there a chance ya have the pics to your write up here... this is high up on my to do list and if ya had the pics for the how to it would be awesomeee!!!! ty for ya time man

Build Thread