Thread: blazer bagged

blazer bagged

have a 90 blazer and was wondering how hard is it to put air bags on it. some people i talked to sayed it would be expensive and it took a lot of modifing to put them is it true

It's not a big deal, don't listen to people. Dou you have a 2wd or 4wd?
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

it is a 2 wheel blazer

You can get kits for everything then. It's only hard if you have a 4wd. Check this place out - AIM there about as cheap as it gets on that stuff.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Okay, I got a "Q" for you on Air baging a 2wd. How low can you get the rear w/o C-notches?(JUST FOR PARKING) and also, how big of C-Notches would you need if you want to lay frame? because it's not like a truck were you can remove the bed, and I wasn't going to bag mine for that reason. :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

With out a notch you can get like 6 inches, but thats frame-on-axle. Or with pancake bumpstops. To lay frame you need around 9-10 inches. AIM has a $89 notch kit for blazers but I'm pretty sure you can't lay frame with them.

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    Go with Easy Streets Air over steel conversion for s10/blazers. It cost me $1200 + shipping. It has 1/2 lines, 1/2 port bags up front, bad boy valves, Air sleeves for the rear. (the only problem right now is they don't have a 1/2" port sleeve for the rear, its 1/8" so the rear is a little slower) 6 gallon tank and a Tompson 317 Comp. Up front it will slam U about 5 to 6" without spindels. Out back I removed 2 leafs(middle ones I left the overload sping) added a 3" block and bagged it. Total drop out back is about 6-1/2 to 7". Tucks a little tire upfront and a little more outback. But the axle is on the frame. A c notch is a good idea. But I noticed right now my rearend housing also touches the floor at full drop. So if U do a C notch some cutting of the floor my be needed. But I'm sure worth the effort. Plans for spring are to Super C notch Frame and floor. Remove fuel tank and replace with trunk mounted fuel cell and 2" spindels up front. That should put frame and g-effects on the ground.

2001 Bagged Blzr Xtreme.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar

I'M INTERESTED TOO!!!

price?! like how much we takling here? i went to all kinds of air bag sites but i dont know shit about bags but that they can make you drop your shit when you want....and that i can use them with my drop c-arms but how much will the tank, lines and everything cost if i just want to go up and down on all four corners..no side to side no back to front...i dont need any fast bags or nothin!!

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    WERE TALKIN 2WD

Going up and down on each corner IS front, back, side 2 side. It's going to cast you around $1600 for everything. Since it's a 2wd you should be able to do it yourself, with a kit.

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    Easy Streets Air over Steel kit includes everything(air lines, tanks, valves, tank, gauges, switches, wire, tie straps, etc.) I paid $1200.00 thru Dealers Sport Truck in California