Thread: 1989 S-10 Blazer 5 inch drop

1989 S-10 Blazer 5 inch drop

im pretty new to this dropping thing. I have an 89 S-10 Blazer and i want to drop it 5 inches. I want the body to stop RIGHT where the wheel starts. Im assuming thats 5 inches. Anyway, what are the neccesary parts that i need to do this? I know drop shocks for one but how are you supposed to drop a blazer 5 inches with 3 inch springs? add spindles? what about the back? if someone could tell me what i need it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

im pretty new to this dropping thing. I have an 89 S-10 Blazer and i want to drop it 5 inches. I want the body to stop RIGHT where the wheel starts. Im assuming thats 5 inches. Anyway, what are the neccesary parts that i need to do this? I know drop shocks for one but how are you supposed to drop a blazer 5 inches with 3 inch springs? add spindles? what about the back? if someone could tell me what i need it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    To go five inches you'll need 2 inch drop spidles and 3 inch drop coils up front and in the back you'll need 3 inch drop leafs and 2 inch angled blocks. You should notch your frame. You can buy a bolt in notch at: http://www.suicidedoors.com/products...in_c_notch.htm

You can go five inches in the rear without notching alot of people do, but your axle will hit your frame basically on every bump. (makes for a shitty ride)
    I Cut To Drag

You can go five inches in the rear without notching alot of people do, but your axle will hit your frame basically on every bump. (makes for a shitty ride) [/B]
    VERY SHITTY...like break things..

thanx for your help guys, i really appreciate it.