Thread: Window Question

Window Question

Whats goin on maybe someone can help me out... Has anyone ever taken the molding off the rear hatch glass? The window I have now has a wiper (which I dont want) and no molding (Which I prefer). The window im putting in has the molding which i do not prefer. The molding on my new window has some nasty paint and has to be repainted anyhow, it would be easier if i could just take it off. So is it possible and if so do the edges look nice like the windows w/o trim. Odd question I know but any info would help.
    L8r. -John

i'm assuming ur talking about the black metal frame around the glass? i've had both, i also prefer the glass without the frame, the only problem i think u would run into is that on the glass w/o the frame, the struts snap onto the glass...on the ones with the frame, the little ball the strut mounts to is on the frame, so if u took it off, u couldn't mount ur struts to the glass......correct me if i'm wrong, somebody will ;)
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    I'd love to keep the blacks and other contributing members of society around. Move the niggers and wiggers and all those who think they are "owed a living" to Austrailia.
    2 DOOR LOVE

Damn youre right....I just went out and looked. Even if i figure out how to remove the frame then Id have nowhere to mount the shocks... oh well..
    Anybody have a frameless window w/o a wiper assembly theyd like to sell me??? :p:

lol...i have one...but it's kinda on my truck bein used :smoker:
    I'd love to keep the blacks and other contributing members of society around. Move the niggers and wiggers and all those who think they are "owed a living" to Austrailia.
    2 DOOR LOVE

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    take it to a glass shop and they can drill holes for the struts and just go to a dealership and get the struts
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

junk yard for struts..its usually pretty cheap

Originally posted by BadBrad469
    lol...i have one...but it's kinda on my truck bein used :smoker:
    Ill trade ya :D
    Never know when ya might need a wiper. It could rain anytime man.

Originally posted by dropped88blazer
    Ill trade ya :D
    Never know when ya might need a wiper. It could rain anytime man.
    If he doesnt want to trade Ive got one with a wiper Ill trade.

lol...don't want one with a wiper, even if i did....i couldn't use it right now...blazer is down for the count, i'm breaking down and putting it in the shop...i'm tired of working on it and it not getting fixed:mad:
    2 DOOR LOVE

Originally posted by BadBrad469
    lol...don't want one with a wiper, even if i did....i couldn't use it right now...blazer is down for the count, i'm breaking down and putting it in the shop...i'm tired of working on it and it not getting fixed:mad:
    Well when shes down ship me the window... heh heh :smoker:

lol....bad newz...she gets put in the shop saturday...i can't stand her being down this long....i'm tired of workin on it and it not being fixed...money is no object when it comes to my baby runnin:D :D :D :evil:
    2 DOOR LOVE