Thread: Asking for advice?

HOPPIN Connoissuer! Black n Chrome's Avatar

Exclamation Asking for advice?

I have fallowed your sugestions and took the first step and ordered my Bags And Brackets for the front. I had decided to go with a single half inch port. Now i think i paid too much it was $350 and the bags are firestone 2500LB. The rear was the same.
    Now, i hear that people just use air shocks for the rear because the rear is no big thing. What is the deal with air shocks? I also desided to use 1/2 hydraulic lines which were about $1.98 per ft. For now i am going to use ball valves to save a little money. There are so many solenoids what are the best? I decided to go with a 55 cuft CO2 Bottle with a regulator.

What do you think so far?

Will it hop in the end?

Thanks for the help and advice.
    Silly MINI, Hydro's are for LOLO's
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$350 is about right for a front or rear kit with bags. Air shocks are absolutley NOT what you are looking for. A lot of people seem to think they are some magic $50 replacement for air bags. They are just shocks that you can make stiffer by adding air pressure. They might be thinking of Air-OVER-shock, like this Here
    But they are $500 a pair and don't bolt right up.
    Your air line should be at least 500psi burst for the Co2. Hydro line will work and $2 a foot is about right. Ball valves are what a lot of people are doing now unlit they save up for the EXPENSIVE solenoids. I have seen a ball valve set up beat the hell out of a solenoid setup out front of a gas station, it was so fast! Anyway, I suggest you buy solenoid valves if you want to hop, but you can also get MIC "mass flow" valves for $89 ea. They have been proven to be just as fast, if not faster, than solenoids.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

HOPPIN Connoissuer! Black n Chrome's Avatar
    How loe should i go with the blocks? right know i sit about 1 1/2 higher in the back . When i go to botom out will this change or not. I was told until i have a four link i should use lowering blocks to get as low as posible.

There is a bolt up system for the back some funny loocking bag shock would that be the best?
    Silly MINI, Hydro's are for LOLO's
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest using 3" blocks with the bags, but do that before you locate your bags. It doesn't really matter though, since air bags highths are fully adjustable.
    I don't know what goes into installing Shock Waves. I guess they just bolt up inplace of the OEM shock. I do know that you cant lay frame with those without modifying the shock mounts (making them farther apart).
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!