Thread: molding on fiberglass bodykit

Registered User kimbeerlyBlazer's Avatar

molding on fiberglass bodykit

hey yall. i've got a fiberglass bodykit on my truck now, i want to mold it on but i dont know what to use to do it. anyone know??

If you mold it on it WILL crack after a month.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Registered User kimbeerlyBlazer's Avatar
    gah. i hate fiberglassss. anything else u can think of that would make it look better?

Can't help you there I don't like bodykits at all sorry.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    what about phatfarmers? Isn't his kit molded on?

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

paint, paint, paint mixbreedblaze's Avatar
    you can used some shit from SEM seam sealer, its like the same shit they use on factory vehicles to mold in the crease lines, he molded his glassed kit on and its held up for like 3 years now....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4-door, shaved handles, shaved antenna, lowered, welded and shaved body seams, rollpan with plate off to left side, two tone tweed, custom paint and airbrush, Mazzi Sphinx 2 17"s.....

Your idea of a thrill ride: Six Flags. My idea of a thrill ride: teeter-tottering on a speed bump

Originally posted by slammins15
    If you mold it on it WILL crack after a month.
    Actually it can be molded, but it has to be done the right way....

You have to make sure that it is firmly attached to the truck. Double sided tape, rivets and seam sealer won't do it...

The best way that I have found is to grind the inside of the effects, and the body panel (down to bare metal). Drill a couple of small holes, and mix up a good helping of fiberstrand (the long hair version) and put the panels in place. Once it hardens, then it will be very strong. You want to make sure the panels are in the right spot, because once it hardens, that's it (and don't mix it too hot, you want time to work it on...

To fill in the gaps, use short strand fiberstrand, and then finish off with filler...
    www.tandem-madness.com

Air Lift, KP Components, Autoloc...Even Ti Drag blocks...

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    talk to phatfarmer. he is the only one to know bec he has the same kit you do.

paint, paint, paint mixbreedblaze's Avatar
    the seam sealer stuff that my bro used is sandable, can be primed, and painted, plus it flexible. So that if sumone gets outta ya truck and bumps it with their foot or if ya ride low and tap em on the ground they wont just bust off or crack, it will just flex and if it is hit hard enough it will just put sum pressure cracks in it, easy ta fix then.....but ya know thats just one guys way of doin stuff....
    4-door, shaved handles, shaved antenna, lowered, welded and shaved body seams, rollpan with plate off to left side, two tone tweed, custom paint and airbrush, Mazzi Sphinx 2 17"s.....

Your idea of a thrill ride: Six Flags. My idea of a thrill ride: teeter-tottering on a speed bump