View Poll Results: Forced induction 4.3 or 350 swap?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turbo

6 31.58%
  • Supercharger

3 15.79%
  • Swap

10 52.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Figure this out and earn ca$h!

Originally posted by Robo
    BTW: I am a middle-aged angry black man in BDU's getting intel and delivering peace through superior firepower!:bigthumb:
    BDU's....Battle Dress Undies (are those boxers, brief's or is the ARMY allowing thongs on the battle field yet?) :bigthumb:

I'm up, they see me, I'm down...LoL!

Ok...fall back into formation.......:bigthumb:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Originally posted by Yenko
    BDU's....Battle Dress Undies (are those boxers, brief's or is the ARMY allowing thongs on the battle field yet?) :bigthumb:

I'm up, they see me, I'm down...LoL!

Ok...fall back into formation.......:bigthumb:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    Back on topic Marine! Get your mind outta da' gutter and square yourself away!
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

The easiest, probably not the cheapest..would be a centrifical supercharger.

Nice, even power delivery. Basically, makes your 4.3 act like a bigger motor, since boost increases with rpm. So, its like reving a bigger motor. They usually give great top end, which a 4.3 isnt known for.

Thats pretty much a bolt on installation. Most all kits are still emmisions legal. Good 10 psi, and some bolt ons, she'll be moving. Especially intercooled. Id recommend vortec, or a Procharger. Im a fan of prochargers, especially being self contained (no hole in the oil pan, no oil lines)
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

There has been some good discussion here. So far I am exploring the LT1 and the Procharger (as seperate applications). Maybe if one goes tits-up I will back it up with the other! I think I am leaning towards trying the LT1 first unless further dissuaded here, thanks and continue helping me!
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

if your still interested in the turbo .. im instaling mine this week starting tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes and what gave me trouble
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Originally posted by Robo
    Back on topic Marine! Get your mind outta da' gutter and square yourself away!
    I Sirrr...Oooopppps....I don't know your rank there hard charger. Anyways, will do as told under the UCMJ.

Back to the subject on hand.
    Robo...I like to express my view or opinion if I may under humble guildlines. Lets get down to putting the rubber to the pavement. I'd like to see this happen just for the simple reason the position or environment that you are in as of right now (read between the line on that comment.....FREEDOM FIGHTER). But you might need to step back and take a look at the present and furture outcome of this project. Money wise is where I gett'n at. Your looking at a pricey project and a project that will aquire allot of knowledge. Don't take this the wrong way, but I know what you make as purtaining to income. BAQ, food allowence, rank pay and so on. Plus, since your in the armforces, mechanic work is not cheap around bases or post in your case. Trust me, been there and done that. Helped out several hundred military friends working on there ride while I served my country. Local mechanics tried to take advantage of them just because they where in the military. So, I gave them a helping hand and expected only the returning favor of giving a helping hand. If you have a vast amount of knowledge, I don't see a problem with this project. But, if you don't, you'll have to pay someone to do the wrenching. After all is said and done and paid for, you'll have a ton of money tided up in this vehicle. After you get it done and paid for, who's to say something breaks, then your back to square one again. Look farther into the furture, you get order's to go over sea's for a long period of time and you have to sell your ride cause you need money to move your family over there with you. Don't know if you have been stationed over-sea's, but the cost of living is not cheap (been there and done that). I not trying to sink your dream, just trying to give you a heads up. Which I know you have thought about already. What I'd do, is get an older s-series and go from there (I Gen). So if you do get orders, you can store it at your folks house back home. But, this is just my honest humble opinion. But, if your mind is set, I'd go with a stock smallblock and work your way up from there. That's how most will learn the trade of wrenching on hot rods. Plus pick up books, magazine and any literture that you can read to learn the trick's of the trade. Also, go to car shows, the drag strip, swat meets and hang out at garages or shops to learn as much as you can. By the way, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to help a fellow servicemen.

Ok....I'm going to get off my soap box and return you to your regular viewing station. :bigthumb:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

I understand your point, Yenko. Most of the "manual labor" side will be done by myself and some mechanic buddies. I have access to some good mechanics that will treat me right. The practicality issue far outweighs the cost for me. I have figured that a relatively "warmed up" SBC will fit my goals nicely. Thank you for that post, most people do not look at those things before starting a project of this magnitude I am sure, that is the reason I am researching this fully before I waste my money.

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    i hate to say it but N/A v-8 = smooth power at all rpm.

and sorry for joining this tread late