Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22's on a 4inch drop???

the tires rub the frame rails only if u turn lock to lock but my 20's did the same thing. you can only use 8.5" wide rims. and you could use RWD rims if u can find that width but most are 9" and wider. I just prefer the look of FWD wheels.

rwd wheels would stick out(2wd) you have to go with fwd offset on a 4x4 to fit correctly

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

you can do it.. stock size wheels wont work though.. youd have to use something with more backspacing. also, youd have to pull the inner fenders, and tub the firewall up front. in the back youd need to c notch the frame. im not sure if youd be able to trun either. it can definitely work. i have 20s and a 12" drop and its fine.
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com
    if you have a 1st gen 4 door blazer, 2wd for sale, click here:
    http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...?product=29789

Anybody got some pics of a blazer with some 22's on?? Im been thinking of just going with some 20's and air bags, but im thinking about just putting 22's and keeping the 4'' drop. I drive my blazer alot and take it on trips so i really dont wanna bag it
    "I sip Criss, You drink Piss"_Dave Chapelle

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    yea derek u have a 12 inch drop cuse u notched the back. we are talkin bout a 4 inch drop on 22s with no notch or any modiftying. not even taking out the fender walls. its prob possible if you wanna ride on a 30 profile tire and have your wheels replaced sooner than you like...its dumb in my opinion.

I wanna do wutever i can to get the 22's to fit. I just want to do somthin different. I will be livin out in tha country pretty soon tho, so i really dont know if i can handle it, cuz i dont want no bent rimz. but i really wanna put some on my truck

ask darrell, i still think he has one of the hottest jimmys ive seen , candy blue paint on 22's

http://www.cardomain.com/id/darrell15w3

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Originally posted by EmptyPockets
    yea derek u have a 12 inch drop cuse u notched the back. we are talkin bout a 4 inch drop on 22s with no notch or any modiftying. not even taking out the fender walls. its prob possible if you wanna ride on a 30 profile tire and have your wheels replaced sooner than you like...its dumb in my opinion.
    then no. fuck no. it aint gonna happen unless you pull the inner fenders and notch the back. with wheels that big, and a 4" drop, you absolutely must do it. otherwise the front wheels would hit the inner fenders and the rear axle would hit the frame on every bump in the road. itd be VERY uncomfortable. youd prolly have to tub the firewall too. it aint gonna happen.
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com

Ok so i would have to Take out the inner fenders up front and c notch the frame to get the 22's to fit??? I dont mind that shit at all, what offset would i have to use, the only ones i can find are 22x9.5 will that work? What size tires would i have to get??Someone give me the full story please.

Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    then no. fuck no. it aint gonna happen unless you pull the inner fenders and notch the back. with wheels that big, and a 4" drop, you absolutely must do it. otherwise the front wheels would hit the inner fenders and the rear axle would hit the frame on every bump in the road. itd be VERY uncomfortable. youd prolly have to tub the firewall too. it aint gonna happen.
    Sure you can fit 22's with a 4 inch drop without pulling out the inner fenders or C-notching it. I know cause i drove around all last Summer with no C-notch and with inner fenders with 22's. So Yes it can be done.

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    ya but with another tire besides 30s? i dont think so

Originally posted by EmptyPockets
    ya but with another tire besides 30s? i dont think so
    Going with a tire bigger than a 30 series then i dont know. Ithout the ride was going to be worse on my 22's than my 20's. It was actually a better ride wired I know. I had 245/35/20 now i have 255/30/22. i did hear they came out with a 295/25/22 but i think thats a little bit too short of a side wall. kinda like the sport compact 20 tires bf goodwrench has 215/30/20.

OK heres what im gunna do. Im gunna get two 22's with tires and put them in the back, make mods to make them fit and then im going to do the same up front, then when i can afford to get the other two then ill put them all on. Like i said i just want somthing different, i see blazers rolling around all day on 20's and 18's. Plus ALOT of people told me it couldn't be done with a drop and i'd like to prove them wrong also. Thanks for all yalls help.

Nate:smoker:

Damn i had no idea that fucking 22'' tires where so damn expensive. FUCK. How much did yall pay for yours???

if youre gonna go with a 30 profile tire, at least try to find one thats load rated (somewhat) for what youre driving. and find a good shop that fixes wheels. you'll be their favorite customer.
    www.subsonickustomz.com
    www.njtruckscene.com