Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.3 dyno 300hp

4.3 dyno 300hp

well i finaly got to run my 4.3 on the dyno and i pulled.

run #3- 344.55 hp 370.85 max power

and here the sheet to prove it

How about some specs, was this motor alone or was it rear wheel
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

nice :bigthumb:
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

So off the bottle its roughly 265hp?
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

not bad.. how much you lookin to make or did you get as much as you wanted??

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

nice numbers

i say top it with a turbo too:bigthumb:
    85 sbc blazer

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Just motor AND NITROS. Remember, spraying something no longer means you have that much horsepower ALL MOTOR.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    Originally posted by Catching Second
    Just motor AND NITROS. Remember, spraying something no longer means you have that much horsepower ALL MOTOR.
    hell man i thought 280 hp was impressive on just bottom end work

ti28, how much do you have into your engine so far?
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

nice numbers man, I wish I could have dynoed mine before it spun a bearing
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by ti28
    what i shoulda said was.i want all motor and just use the n2o for more tq...n2o is more ofa tq boost...you get hp outta it but in all you get more tq...hum so far i have about 5-6gs in it...its because of the custom pistions and cam..and block work...in the end its prolly gonna be a grand total of like 11gs..

but you have to relize something i am not building this motor for hp..im am building this motor for tq..(stop sign to stop sing or red lights)and the once in awhile 1/4 mile blast..
    Why did you go 4.3?

My 5.7 cost me $2,500 for the whole thing. Dyno 2000 and other horsepower estimates average around 370-390hp with just over 400 ft lbs or torque.

I don't see where you're coming from on nitros adding more torque than horsepower. You want your torque to be below 3000rpm. It's not even safe to spray below that.

Not trying to start anything at all. Just kind of don't see the logic behind it. For $11,000 you could have a 500+ horsepower small block withOUT nitros.

holeshot
    according to that sheet your first run was 220 with no nitro spike assuming thats a 3 run sheet? thats a badass little 4.3 tho nice work 220 at the wheel probably is 280-300 at the crank.

no its at the wheels...

rundown

shortblock:
    Honed with Torque Plate, Align Bore and Hone Mains, Parallel Deck Block, Balance Rotating Assembly, crankshaft polished and cro freezed along with block heads,and rods,Eagle Rods,molly pladidum rings(sp)je pistions,clevitte bearings

vavle train/intake system
    heads fully ported and polished useing the 90%rule,202 intake and 195 exhaust,camshaft made by cranecams,Intake .499,Exhaust .512(camspecs have been modifide to keep it a secret)edelbrock Dual-Plane Low-Rise Intake,4bblrodchester carb rebulit and jetted and tweaked to flow 800cfm (witch is just alittle weak)and custom bulit 80hp shot of n20(you can see on the sheet were it jumps)

well thats about all i can think of for right know..if i remember more ill let you know
    What gets me here is the carb deal. 800 CFM rejetted and tweaked???? Cant make a carb flow more CFM unless you change the main body out, then it would be dam near impossible to correctly meter and jet a Rochester for a motor that only needs 350 CFM max to run!! Dyno chart would also show the spikes of having too large a carb which it doesnt!!

What heads are you running?????
    What compression ratio????

265 is obtainable, but not with what I currently see!!

1st off dude what the hell are you talkin about?265????
    He's talking about how many ponies you have without the cheater shot. He's wrong, you said it was around 280, but he was talking about the HP w/o the Nitrous.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Catching Second
    i went with a 4.3 because i thought it would be totaly off the wall.thats all..and not to start anything dyno2000 isnt all that on key it told me that the 4.3 would make like 500hp..so i realy dont belive those #s..and it is safe to spray that low in rpm..my teacher launches on 200 then after hes outta the hole another 200 the 1/4 another 200..so i dont see were you are coming from i dont whanna start anything..its a 1800hp nova and its one hella of a n2o motor??aslong as you know what you are doing you have no problems
    I can respect you wanting to be different I guess. It's all in what you like.

About the nitros thing, I am no expert on it. I'm just going by what I was told on here when I was thinking about running a 175 shot through my engine. I was told to spray at nothing lower than 3000rpm and nothing within 200-300rpm from my rev limiter.