Thread: Baggin the Blazer X?!

Always too high

Question Baggin the Blazer X?!

I've got a few questions on how to do the bag setup on my 2k1 Blazer Xtreme... Right now I have on it 3" Lower Controller Arms in the front and 4"
    blocks in the back.. I am going to do bags but can I still use my lower controller arms with AIM's "Airwave" or RideTech's "Shockwave"? Also, to do the rear I do not want to go with a 4 link right away so I wanna do a leaf/bag setup. Should I get drop leafs and bags or just mono leaf my stock leafs and then bag it? I'm lost!! Thanks!

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    I have a 2001 x blazer Bagged. I used Easy Streets air over steel kit. Not sure If it will work with your control arms. But it will work with the 2" spindels. In the back I used a 3" block and removed the two middle leafs. U don't want to remove the overload spring or U will suffer from axle wrap. By using the 3" block and remove the two middle leafs it will set the frame on the axle when U air it out. It looks killer.

The airwaves should work with your c-arms. For the back DONT buy mono springs, just take out2-3 leafs. If your going to notch take out 3, if you aren't, take out the two middle ones like PSI said.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I spoke with a tech guy from Easy Street and also a Tech guy from a local suspension shop. They both tol me to only remove the two middle spring. Removing the overload spring will cause the leaf spring to bend over the axle (Axle wrap) causing your leaf to look like an S instead of the arch shape U want. Another idea if, your going t C-notch is to remove two leafs, 3 inch block and de-arch Your remaning leafs. That should do the trick without trashing you leafs. Another note, I noticed on my with it Aired Out the rearend housing is touching the floor. If you do a C-notch cutting the floor in the middle maybe need also. I have plans of Super C-Notching and cutting the floor in the spring. That should allow me to lay frame. It's to cold to do this year...

Always too high
    Low PSI...you said that u bagged a blazer x right? how far off the ground was it in the back with the bags deflated... also did u remove the bumpstop bracket too? I want to get as close as possible to laying the body kit in the back on the ground without having to go 4 link.. how low will I go without a notch? I know in the front i'll be able to sit gfx with the bags... but I dunno about the rear.

If you have plans in laying frame or getting close to it, you cant have the over-load leaf in there. Yes it is much better to use blocks and too de-arc your STOCK top leaf. It's is very often misconstrued that bending the main leaf too far downward will cause damage and eventualy breaking. This is NOT TRUE. In fact, bending the leaf spring(s) too far upward can snap the spring. But don't let me scare anyone, it takes a lot for this to happen.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Urban..

I had to cut the foam bump stop down to just about 1/2" The stop can be pulled out, cut, and replaced. The rear end is about 4" from the ground. The front won't be much closer without adding spindels or a-arms

Always too high
    I've already cut my bumpstops down to like an inch, inch and a 1/2 cuz of the blocks made me ride on them... if I put a notch in the back it should make me go a little lower right? in the front without using spindles and just my 3" controller arms with the shockwaves how low do u think i can get it?

if U c-notch it cutting the stock bump stops is a must. But the c notch kit should come with new ones. After a c notch and the control arms U should be sitting on the ground.

Always too high
    will i be able to sit gfx with like a 2" c notch? or do I need to go bigger and also what other stuff do i need to remove/notch/relocate?

Urban..

I was doing some thinking. This is just a thought. I believe a 3" lowering arm drops the spring pocket, thus having the same effect as using lowering springs. This will bring your a arm closer to the frame. If this is the case then using 3" do you no good. Becuse with the air out of the system the a arm will hit the frame at the same height. So im thinking the only way to go is spindels, which I have read aren't out yet for the new blazers. I could be right and I could be wrong. Let me know.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    On 1982 S10 and Blazers to 2002, the suspension has not changed. just that the Blazer is no longer tagged a "S10 Blazer" just "BLAZER" dosn't mean it is not the same set up as the pickup.

I will tell you that any DROP spindals for a S10 will fit BUT you may have to do minor modifing for clearence. B/c my spindals were fine till I added 2" drop Springs, then the Spindal catched the lower A-Arm and would not Turn. A lil grinding were it was needed and it was Fixed.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11