Thread: from 4x4 to 4x2?

from 4x4 to 4x2?

wassup people, i have a 98 blazer 4x4 and i want to put 22's on it but dont have big money to buy custom billet 22's, so can anyone tell me what is needed to do to turn a 4x4 into a 4x2.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    I'm confussed about what you said. You want to put 22's on the truck but don't have a lot of $$$. So why do you need a 2WD for this. Actually, you don't even need to lower it. Just get some FWD (lots of backspacing) offset wheels and a spacer for the rears if you want them to look even. I personally think even 20's are too big on S-10's and look gaudy. I prefer the look of Vette 18's and a 3/4 drop on the 4X4's but again that I.M.O.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

yea i know but i cant find a wheel besides custom billets that have a very high offset , i had a set off 22s with a zero offset and they stuck out like crazy, so now im trying to find the perfect 22" affordable 22" wheel but have had no luck so i wanted to know if it is hard to change it to a 2wd or what? thanks

Positively Negative
    basicly for what you want to do, you are going to have to change the whole frame

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    buy 20's and there u go... no need to convert, 22's might rub up front... so maybe 20's in the front and 22's in the back..
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love