Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Changing of my Blazer Begins.........and I have some ?'s

Question The Changing of my Blazer Begins.........and I have some ?'s

Hiya all, my name is Viki and I bought a 2000 2Dr 2WD Blazer about 2 months ago. All of a sudden, I saw Blazers everywhere! So, I begin the project of making mine "different". I ordered clear turn signals and 3/4 drop, which are coming next week. I'm going to attempt to remove side molding this weekend and then maybe roof rack. The "main" project in our house is my hubby's 1997 Tacoma, but need to do something to mine too.

I want to do my truck myself or at least help the guys, I want to be in all parts of my OWN truck! I know I can't put the front coils in myself, so I get help for that:D .

I also figured, I can't put BlazinLow's sticker on my ride or our car clubs until it was actually lowered, lol. So, my project begins.

Anyways, anyone have advice on removing molding or roof rack? Any info would be appreciated. And how do I put a pic of my Blazer in my avatar? Seems all my pics are to big.

Thanx!
    Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

hmmmmm
    well the molding is just held on with double sided tape so its easy. But the roof rack will leave holes in your roff that you will need to weld up and work with filler.:bigthumb:

Well, guess roof rack will stay awhile. Figured there'd be holes after removing it.

Thanx!
    Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

on the roofrack, there are holes, but they are capped so they willnot leak through if you remove your roofrack, theres an insert in your roof, and they do not leak without the roofrack, u just have a little piece of metal sticking up
    NEW RIDE 89 s10 std cab shortbed 2.5 5 speed 2WD slammed 6/5
    90 4x4 2dr, primer, 18's, 4.3, rollpan, 6/6 slam, SOLD
    The only ford i would drive is a courier!

Me and my bright ideas!!! My fingers are killing me, but all molding is off. Went to remove dealer sticker and badges, but got dark. Not looking forward to roof rack, but I think I defientely want it off. Not like I'd ever use it.

Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

Banned
    on the roofrack you can remove it and then just use the screws that held the roof rack on to plug the holes left from removing it

Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    another thing that wouldnt cost much...my friend tokk out his grille (mesh not the horizontal bars one) and painted it silver...if u have the mesh too u could do that as well..really added to the front
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

Ya, I was thinking of painting the mesh or getting a billet insert. I think I'll paint the mesh red, cuz my Disturbed stickers are red and going w/ a kinda red theme. I was looking/leaning towards pink/purple graphics, but don't want my truck to look to "girlie". Who knows yet, just hoping to lower it correctly and have my brakes be ok. Reading thru the site is scaring me. I have 3 inch springs and 4 inch blocks coming tomorrow. Then I'll get my Belltech spindles and new leafs. I don't want to get so low I have to notch, just enough to notice. But from what I read here, 4" blocks are bad. I'm starting to get confused:confused: .

Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

I've been thinking of taking my roof rack off also....will there be metal sticking up from the roof or can I just unscrew the rack, and put the screws back in???will that work or will it look stupid???

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    you can just run the screws back in, but you will see the tops of the screws, personally i rather see that then the roof rack
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

I dont' really care about seeing a couple 1/16" dots on the roof, they won't be any higher than the strips in the middle. Is there any adhesive under the mounting parts of the rack, or is it just the two screws in each?? I don't wanna go pulling it off and have paint come with it.... since the screws aren't normal, what do I need to get them off? Also, is there any metals that sticks up from the roof or is it flat with the roof and I can just put the screws in?

you need a screw diver torx, then just put the screws back in. the roof rack is held in with 8 screws, no two sided tape. there is just about of 1/8 inch that sticks up on the roof, like a nutcert. however the strips on the roof are held on with 2 sided tape.

Looks like I'm taking mine off this weekend:D :D :D
    Any ideas or advice for my installing my new turn signals? Do I have to take headlight or grille out to do them? They came yesterday, but I couldn't see nothing under my hood in the dark.

Thanx!
    Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

make it easy on yourself and take the head lights off, not head to install conners

Banned
    actually just tack a body hammer and nock the roof bolts inn and then fill with body filler