Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Changing of my Blazer Begins.........and I have some ?'s

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    are you serious?! DONT do that, save your self and do it the correct way the first time.
    Last edited by 98low4x4blazer; 01-20-2005 at 09:16 PM.
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

you can rock a BL banner i did fro 2 yrs before i lowered it. i say go with what you wanan do and maybe throw mirrors on it and a hood as well.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

Don't ignore the transmission and engine mods either...

Vette servo
    B&M electronic shift improver
    Shift kit
    EGR mod
    Throttle body mod
    etc etc...

Switch to true HID lighting...
    Scopped hood
    Lift it
    Lower it
    etc

You can see some of mine at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

Banned
    who has the cheapest hid kit, cause i want hid and i saw one on mautofied.com for 400

just make sure that the 4" blocks you got are angled if not you transmission tailshaft and you rear end wont be lined up right and youll kink up your drive shaft and there for messin up you universal joints that connect your transmission to your driveshaft and you drive shaft to your rear end, and or messin up your rear end and or meesin up your tranny. so yeah just make sure there angled. you could also take the front of your dash off and paint it. it should be held in by 2 screws above your speedo and some little clips then you gotta unplug all you light switchs and such. if you paint it make sure you clean it real good with some soap and water. shampoo works great cause its made to get oil out and stuff like that. just shampoo not shampoo plue condishiner. same thing goes with washing you hands after you work on you motor or something greasey. shampoo cleans everything and its cheaper than gojo or other stuff like that. but yeah back to paint, i used 2 coats of rattle can primer 3 or 4 coats of model car spray paint cause its made to bond to the same plastic that model cars are made of (ABS plastic) then like 2 or 3 coats of spray can clear coat. i painted it like 2 years ago and its still shinny and no scratches or cracks or nuthin. i looks good. that paint comes in any color you want so you can 2 tone it or do what ever your little heart desires. i got my stuff from walmart and payed like maybe 25 or 30 bucks for all of it. seeing that the model car spray cans are smaller i had to get more. i think its krylon that has that new paint for plastics call fusion or something. im not sure how that works but im sure someone on here has tried it. well good luck with the blazer. happy customizing.

later
    JJ
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

Originally posted by BaGd
    who has the cheapest hid kit, cause i want hid and i saw one on mautofied.com for 400
    Check http://www.hidexpress.com/index.asp?...ATS&Category=2
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

Originally posted by BaGd
    actually just tack a body hammer and nock the roof bolts inn and then fill with body filler
    :rofl:

You must be one of those people that just bondo up all the dents too...

See, the problem with that is the more body filler you use, the greater chances are that it will crack. Thats why you dont want to use more than 1/8 of an inch of filler in thickness.

The proper way to do this, is remove the bolts, straighten out the areas around the holes you will have, then weld them up and smooth them out with body filler. If you dont have time/knowledge/skills/tools to do this, I would recommend to leave the roof rack alone.
    Last edited by x_concepts; 01-21-2005 at 07:40 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    I have a 95 $dr Blaze

3" Coils
    4" Angled Blocks
    Removed Roof Race and Left the screws in

http://streetsource.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=22948
    Top 2 pics
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

My clear turn signals and my springs and blocks came yesterday. Yes, I got angled blocks, I know better, lol. Been lowering vechicles for years. We had a brand new 95 Xcab S-10, and when we put hydros on it, we blew thru universal joints like crazy!!! We just couldn't drive at the right angle.

Thanx for the pic of your 95 4-door w/ a 3/4, gave me a good idea of where I'll sit. Don't know how much different my 2000 2-door will be, but good idea. I'm going to save for my Belltech spindles, so I'll eventually be 5" in front then get 4" leafs and 2" blocks, so it is done right!!!

Anyone have advice on front springs? Shops want 5 hour labor rate, and I'd rather spend all weekend doing it myself then pay that bill.

Thanx everyone again for the ideas.

Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    Originally posted by gizmoviki73
    Anyone have advice on front springs? Shops want 5 hour labor rate, and I'd rather spend all weekend doing it myself then pay that bill.
    Sounds like you got yourself a good plan going there. As you do the mods, I hope your taking pics...We like pics here...

As for the springs, the best help I could suggest is getting one of the deatailed chiltons/haynes manuals. If you can buy one, I am pretty sure the library will have it. They give step by step instructions on how to take it apart and put it back togethor...But you said you guys had experience, so it should be no problem...
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Just stay the hell away from Thadlinkwent, he's a troublemaker.
    No 4 door love here

Banned
    i had mine liek that for almost a year and no cracks

its just easer caus ethen you dont have to fuck with the headliner and you can but down a good body filler in some thickness without cracking, bondo is cheap shit

Originally posted by x_concepts
    :rofl:

You must be one of those people that just bondo up all the dents too...

See, the problem with that is the more body filler you use, the greater chances are that it will crack. Thats why you dont want to use more than 1/8 of an inch of filler in thickness.

The proper way to do this, is remove the bolts, straighten out the areas around the holes you will have, then weld them up and smooth them out with body filler. If you dont have time/knowledge/skills/tools to do this, I would recommend to leave the roof rack alone.

man ive looked for some 2 or 3 inch drop leaf springs and i cant seem to find any. can someone please put up a link so i can check them out. thanks

later
    JJ

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    belltech makes 3in drop leafs that where i got mine from
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

i now they make them i just cant seem to find any specs and prices and stuff like that.

later
    JJ

Ya, I'm taking pics, trust me. My Blazer is my "1st" customizing, all by myself. My hubby has no say so in this one, he has his own project, lol. My avatar is the beginning, before I did anything. This weekend I will update pic w/ molding off, clear turns and maybe no roof rack. Trying to get w/ my club, to see if we can do a club function and everyone help w/ lowering it. Great excuse to have a BBQ:D .

Viki
    ~*KaRmA HaPpEnS*~