Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone done a 6/7 drop? i have some ?'s

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    thats cool man, but i am telling you, that shit is rough. and if you have low profile tires..... rims will ding up.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

I know not everybody has the money, but I'm not going to ruin my truck cuz I'm cheap and stupid. I'd stick to a 4/5 or 5/6 max, but not a 6/7. My buddy HAD a 5/6 and he went through a few exhausts and gas tanks.

Nate

Your friend cant drive:bird:
    Praise The Lowered.

haha noobie
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Originally posted by sho_shane
    Your friend cant drive:bird:

that seriously better be in a joking manner, if not, i mean come on...wtf

i know i have tried to give the best advice i could on the matter and i am sure the same goes for mr dogg.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

:D I joke I joke I kid I kid lol :D :rofl: :bigthumb:
    Praise The Lowered.

i think 7in drop out back is ridiculous to drive daily, i have a 6in drop out back, with a set 20's, my 12"XXX, 20lb amp, and my 4x8 3/4in mdf board in the cargo area.. and my gastank was 1.5in off the ground. i also had this mean rubbing sound, when i was driving it home, it sounded like i was dragging license plate.:rofl:

want advice from someone who did that drop?

Dont do it!!!

the truck will sit on the bumpstops. you will have zero suspension travel. The ride quality will be shit. and you will bend and break the lower control arms because the flat plate that the lower ball joint sits on bends and snaps after about 500 miles
    2 inch spindle and 3 inch springs are the smarter way to go with a 5/6 you should also run a c notch and expect a dented floor
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

im not saying anyone is wright or wrong but on my 93 extended cab i put like 10,000 miles on it as a daily driver and it sat control arm to frame with spindels n i cut the bump stops out the front and the rear and i did not break any thing the front x- member sat like 1.5 " off the ground heres a bad pic oh and the only reason i stoped driving it is cuz i wanted to bag and body drop it and that is what im doing now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dragnbody2022; 02-21-2005 at 12:44 AM.

here is a vid if it will work http://img.s10forum.com/album1891/acm.mpg
    and in the vid the frame was draging that is why it was moveing so slow

That is just radiculuos... Last year some guy at my school had a 2000 dime with what I believe was a 6/7 drop... Not only he had no suspension travel and he was buttoming out on every little hole, he also lost half of his shit under the truck, such as exhaust (he ended up just running straight headers), his x member was all bent, and I dont even know how many times he had to get a new roll pan together with a new license plate. Not even mentioning how much steering control he had... His tires probably went up in the air on every little bump. Good thing it was only a 4cyl and it couldnt go that fast... I dont think its safe and I dont think its really worth fucking up your truck.
    VLAD

My 95

i dont know how that kid lowered his but i had 3" coils cut to get 1more inch n belltech spindals and out back was 3" block n a mono leaf my truck sat control arm to frame but i did still have enuff spring to make the wheel stay on the road even when i hit a big bump oh n i had my y pipe rased so i would not keep draging it oh n i guess i know how to drive a lowered car or truck becuse outher than when i just get a car/truck thay are lowered to the ground i had a cutty that was 1.25 off the ground n my 2000 eclipse was like 2.75 - 3" of the ground and thats only cuz it would not go lower and i have had more i guess if u rember your truck is on the ground and u drive like u got some sence the only prob u will have will be your y pipe n the rear hiting the floor as soon as i get my 4 door inspected im doing a 6/7 on it with a notch im a mini trucker for life so alittle ruff riding is worth looking good

ps: im not trying to argue with any one im just puting out my opinion just like you all are doing
    Last edited by dragnbody2022; 02-21-2005 at 10:25 AM.

I just hope you realise that your pumpkin is gona be sitting in your back seat. Other than that, good luck.

Oh, and about that kid... I dont know if this is entirely true or not, but from what I have heard, he just cut his stock spring in a half. Talking about ghetto... The funny thing is that we have ramps at every entrance into school parking lot and he has been stuck on them a couple of times. Hell, I only have a 3" drop and back in the day when I still had my xenon bumper cover, my GF almost left it at one of those ramps. And the cover measured exactly 6" off the ground.
    Last edited by x_concepts; 02-21-2005 at 12:47 PM.
    VLAD

My 95

Well people are talking about getting stuck, my buddy got stuck on a speed bump going into our school parking lot. lol . Had to have a couple of people sit on the tailgate to get the skid plate to clear. funny shit. it was a 5/5 drop. Not that low but the way the drive way is the speed bump
    /
    (
    /
    is on a down slope going into the driveway. was a good laugh
    I Cut To Drag

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    you guys act like a 5/6 is hardcore. I wouldnt go anything less than a 5/6 for a static drop.

BTW anything over a 5" a notch is extremely desirable. And a 7" will make your pumkin hit the floor.

Suspension travel doesnt exist on lowered vehicles and most minitruckers arent concerned that much about ride quality.

A friend of mine had his 5/6 drop on 205/50/15 for almost 2 years and the only problem he ever had was his exhaust got ripped off after the muffler (which really doesnt matter anyway) That put the frame 2.25" off the ground and he never had a problem with it.