Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone done a 6/7 drop? i have some ?'s

Slow Ride
    I have a better idea for you guys. Just take the front springs and shocks out and then notch the rear and weld the rear end into the notch. Now that is hardcore minitrucker

Alright, i know that DJM lowering control arms lower 3" but is there any reason why you couldn't run a 3" lower control arm and a 2" drop spindle?

And if you wanted 6" then run a 1" lowering coil.
    (Iknow your not suppose to run lowering coils on lowering control arm but 1" isn't that bad.)

note: 6" in the front will mean modifying innerfenders as well as relocating the blower motor up
    I Cut To Drag

with arms and spindled the part the wheel mounts to is too far up, so if your running 15's with a small tire the bottom of the arm is veryclose to the ground. then putting a spring in is even worse. having to remove ur inner fenders and mod your blower is retarded on a static drop. ppl on bags laying out on 18;s dont even have to mod their blower box. just bag it, youll break ALOT less.
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd

with arms and spindled the part the wheel mounts to is too far up, so if your running 15's with a small tire the bottom of the arm is veryclose to the ground. then putting a spring in is even worse. having to remove ur inner fenders and mod your blower is retarded on a static drop. ppl on bags laying out on 18;s dont even have to mod their blower box. just bag it, youll break ALOT less.
    I can see why you really shouldn't run a lowering c-arm and spindle because all the carm does is lower the spring pocket.
    i'm not planning on running 6" up front i'm 5/5 and that's lowenuf.
    ty man. not sure why i couldn't think of the reason that wouldn't work but meh (brain fart) lol
    I Cut To Drag

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    yeah i wouldn't go lower than 5 in the front, my 6 was nuts. but i was running 245/40/18 tires and it didn't rub that bad really.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

well i just got done droping my 4 door 6 -7 n it looks good did not have to mod the fender wells or the blower i put the s doors bolt on c notch fit great n i put 225 50 15 n every thing worked out goodthe frame is like 1.5 -2" off the ground it . i think it drove nice for it being that low here is a pic

well i just got done droping my 4 door 6 -7 n it looks good did not have to mod the fender wells or the blower i put the s doors bolt on c notch fit great n i put 225 50 15 n every thing worked out goodthe frame is like 1.5 -2" off the ground it . i think it drove nice for it being that low here is a pic
    Looks good man
    You would have to do mods if you ran a bigger tire/rim. 18's 20's would need some work.
    I Cut To Drag

The reason why you can't run spindles with drop arms is because you are then lowering the spring pocket 5" away from the rims, so it's THAT much closer to the ground. With a 3" drop arm you're already 3" closer to the ground and now the spring pocket with be another 2" since with spindles you're raising the wheel UP, not changing the geometry of the suspension like using a coil.

How did you get a 6/7 drop?

Nate

whoa that just got me to realize... if i put on some 225/50/15 (23.85) tires instead of my 245/60/15 (26.57) i have on now, my blazer will drop another 2.5in. and the rear part of my frame will be on the ground.
    :bigthumb:

Originally posted by concept
    whoa that just got me to realize... if i put on some 225/50/15 (23.85) tires instead of my 245/60/15 (26.57) i have on now, my blazer will drop another 2.5in. and the rear part of my frame will be on the ground.
    :bigthumb:

no i do bleave u would get like 1.36 the tire diameter diff is 2.72 but u would only drop the radius wich is 1.36

Originally posted by dragnbody2022
    no i do bleave u would get like 1.36 the tire diameter diff is 2.72 but u would only drop the radius wich is 1.36

ding ding, hes right :bigthumb:
    4 Door Love

IT IS ILLEAGEL TO CUT, HEAT, BENT, WELD ON SUSPENSION OR OTHER CRITICAL STREERING COMPONETS FOR COMPESATION OR HIRE......COULD SPEND 2-5 AND HAVE A MAX OF $10,000 FINE.....

Originally posted by appelten911
    IT IS ILLEAGEL TO CUT, HEAT, BENT, WELD ON SUSPENSION OR OTHER CRITICAL STREERING COMPONETS FOR COMPESATION OR HIRE......COULD SPEND 2-5 AND HAVE A MAX OF $10,000 FINE.....

1) :confused:

2) :whogives:
    4 Door Love

In some States, yes any suspension modification is illegal. Up here as long as the welding done to a frame is done by a certified welder, it's legal, otherwise yes it's illegal due to some people just don't know how to weld but try and then it's a hack job.

But really...:whogives: This topic is as ghetto as it gets :ohno:

Nate