Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95

Thread: anyone done a 6/7 drop? i have some ?'s

  1. #61
    Registered User AuthenticRidesMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BrooklynPark MN
    Posts
    186
    looks nice dropped like that. but see how it rides after a month.:bigthumb:
    1991 2 door 4x4 ex-4.3 Blazer.
    Shaved,Frenched tag,Smoked lights
    305 bored .060 over



    My Blazer http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473206

  2. #62
    lay'n it metaldrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    593
    dragnbody2022

    Do you have any travel in the front or are your control arms just about bottomed out?
    looks good man, it must be really low with those small tires on it. What's the distance from the bottom of your frame to the ground?
    I Cut To Drag

  3. #63
    Registered User dragnbody2022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    southern md
    Posts
    105
    Originally posted by metaldrp
    dragnbody2022

    Do you have any travel in the front or are your control arms just about bottomed out?
    looks good man, it must be really low with those small tires on it. What's the distance from the bottom of your frame to the ground?

    the front is just about to kiss the bump stops but it rides nice for being that low the only thing i had to do in the rear is notch the x member cuz the drive shaft was rubbing when i floored it i was mesuring off my lil bros blazer he bought today n i droped mine like 5 n 7/8" in the front n 8"in the rear i need to rase thr rear up like 1" cuz the frame is lower in the back the frame is like 1.5 off the ground my i860 phone clip will just slide under the frame . oh n thanks:)

  4. #64
    lay'n it metaldrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    593
    Hey here's a picture of my metaldrop

    The number on the measureing tape is 26", i'm running 205/75/15 tires.







    Just to let you know this is ghetto i'm not running springs in the picture. I've got some notching of the lower control arm to do before I lay the front engine crossmember out. But I plan on doing a 6" drop in the front I just want to clearence so i'm not bottom my lca's out all the time.
    I Cut To Drag

  5. #65
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    my only clearance problems with my 6'' drop was the front cross member, other than that it just rode like a sled.

    the pic is a 245/40/18 tire
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  6. #66
    lay'n it metaldrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    593
    My buddy's coming over
    my only clearance problems with my 6'' drop was the front cross member, other than that it just rode like a sled.
    My buddy's coming over tonight to give me a hand and were going to be knotching the lca's so they have more clearence. Hey blazerinthework how'd you get your front down so much? in my pic i'm sitting control arms bottomed out at 26" and you stitting lower than that? I don't think your tires are that much smaller than mine. Don't make to much sense.
    I Cut To Drag

  7. #67
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    that was with 2' spindles, and cut 2'' drop coils.

    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

    your tire 27.1
    my tire -25.7
    ------
    1.4''
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  8. #68
    lay'n it metaldrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    593
    your tire 27.1
    my tire -25.7
    ------
    1.4''
    My tires are extremely bald they measure 26.5"

    my tire 26.5"
    your tire 25.7
    ------
    0.8"

    Basically your truck was bottomed out in the front
    I Cut To Drag

  9. #69
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    Originally posted by metaldrp
    My tires are extremely bald they measure 26.5"

    my tire 26.5"
    your tire 25.7
    ------
    0.8"

    Basically your truck was bottomed out in the front


    mine were damn near bald. i had about 2.75'' of side frame clearance
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  10. #70
    lay'n it metaldrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    593
    Here's my can shot.
    I Cut To Drag

  11. #71
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    this is BEFORE is settled another half an inch one me.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  12. #72
    Registered User shortygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    264






    :bigthumb: :bigthumb:


    But its a lil to low in da front :mad:

  13. #73
    YA RLY! dc395's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta Status: Tony Low #14
    Posts
    4,786
    woo hoo brought back from the dead, and thats pretty ghetto looking sitting so low on a static. are u on 14's?
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd

  14. #74
    Registered User shortygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    264
    15's...

    Why would it be ghetto. Its all been done right and I have lots of travel. The only thing I am unhappy with is that the front is a bit to low. Im in the process of fixing it right now. I guess I would bag it but for me its a bit to much cash. Im still in highschool but maybe in a year or 2. I wanna get it on the road first

    dc395

    I noticed on your car domain that you use to have a static 5/5.5 drop. How was ur clearance issues and what size rims and tires were u running.
    Last edited by shortygy; 06-03-2005 at 11:43 PM.

  15. #75
    YA RLY! dc395's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta Status: Tony Low #14
    Posts
    4,786
    Originally posted by shortygy
    15's...

    Why would it be ghetto. Its all been done right and I have lots of travel. The only thing I am unhappy with is that the front is a bit to low. Im in the process of fixing it right now. I guess I would bag it but for me its a bit to much cash. Im still in highschool but maybe in a year or 2. I wanna get it on the road first

    dc395

    I noticed on your car domain that you use to have a static 5/5.5 drop. How was ur clearance issues and what size rims and tires were u running.
    what did u use to drop it? sorry for the ghetto comment. my ride wasnt bad at all, just would scrape alot, i was running my z28;s with a 205/55 and 205/60
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •