Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING to all!!!!! Rayflex paint is junk!

Originally posted by SmokedOut
    typhoon = "turbocharged" stock production 4.3L found in all s-10's
    syclone = "turbocharged" stock production 4.3L found in all s-10's
    dodge srt-10 = "v-10" stock production motor 8.0 found in all vipers and in dodge trucks with a less powerful truck version
    ford lightning = "Supercharged" stock production 5.8 found in all f-150's

Just to clarify. The typhoon and syclone 4.3's are not stock block 4.3's with a turbo put on.. The bottom ends are signifcantly different.

Ford lightning is a 5.4Litre Triton V8 that is supercharged.. The current Triton motors from Ford are not physically able to go larger than 5.4 litres. The bottom end on this 5.4 is also beefed up, as well as the heads being 3 valve as opposed to 2 valve I believe.

The SRT-10 is the only truck that takes an exact motor from another vehicle and plugs it into a truck (v10 from the Viper)

Just to clarify.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

the 5.8 was my bad i was going from memory, 5.4 is correct, however it is two valves per cylinder w/ stock heads and bottom end with a different piston so the motor doesnt blow from compression same with the 4.3 in the syclone and typhoon stock everything but pistons required to accept the boost.
    I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.

Originally posted by SmokedOut
    the 5.8 was my bad i was going from memory, 5.4 is correct, however it is two valves per cylinder w/ stock heads and bottom end with a different piston so the motor doesnt blow from compression same with the 4.3 in the syclone and typhoon stock everything but pistons required to accept the boost.
    I'm pretty sure the lighnings had different heads. My uncle who was a ford mechanic for over 15 years went to put the lightning s/c on his 04 f150 and they said he'd kill the motor since the lightning motor was built for boost.

Also, I am a GEARHEAD and I started with an Xtreme. I was going to get a bodykit anyways to cover up the frame since they sit like a 4x4. It was better to finance it at 0% than to come $1000 out of pocket right away. Plus on the Blazer it is the only way to get the sport suspension (Z87). It's easier and cheaper to buy it with the sport suspension and lower it, than to buy everything piece by piece (shocks, spincles, coils, leafs, blocks, beefier sway bars). It has gives them a reason to keep the resale value higher.

Again, Lush, I apologize for hijaking your thread.

And now, BACK TO PAINT!
    2003 Blazer Xtreme

Mods at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/xtremeblzr03

Originally posted by XBLZR03
    I'm pretty sure the lighnings had different heads. My uncle who was a ford mechanic for over 15 years went to put the lightning s/c on his 04 f150 and they said he'd kill the motor since the lightning motor was built for boost.
    that would be the pistons lightnings haves 8.5:1 pistons f150s have 9.6:1 (something in that area i looked it up and cant remember exactly)
    I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.

sudnely spending a little more for good paint seems like a good idea now eh

any way just DA it down but you should probly get all of the old paint off if it cracked i tried to cheat on time and not all of the cracks came through my new paint