Thread: Exhausted???

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Question Exhausted???

Well, I need to purchise my Exhaust for my blazer. It has a V8 in it but it needs to be muffeled. I want it to sound quiet and LOW when it Idles, but say I floor it, I want it to screem and growl. I've heard Duel Flomaster 40-Series two chambers would be too loud, and I've heard 3-chambered DELTA FLOWs and they sound a lil weak when you give it gas. what Tone would Duel 50-Series Three chambered flows sound like? I might just say scew noise polution and get the 40-Series. If you have a V8 in your Truck, what exhaust do you have? and how dose it sound? :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Also, what size pipe? 2 1/4", 2 1/2", 3"? I heard the bigger the pipe the lowere the tone, but i also heard it would take away the growl and sputter sum.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Slow Ride

Pipes!!!!

I have dual 3" with generic tubro mufflers and it is quite nice. Tons of power and loud when you need it to be.

My brother has a Flowmaster on his firebird and they are the best sounding mufflers. It has the best idle sound I've ever heard. But when you get on the gas they just roar.

Dual Dynomax 17749 2 1/2 inch and a Dr. Gas X pipe. Very quiet. I can rev at a Z28 or Trans Am all day and they STILL don't think I have anything under the hood.
    Last edited by Rcv; 11-30-2001 at 10:46 AM.

I have a set off headmen hedders and dual dyno max turbo mufflers, with a set of high flow cats on my 355. It's fairly loud when you want it to be but for daily driving it's pretty good.

If I had some money I would put a set off Flomasters on it, everything that I have heard with them sound amazing. By the way I would not go much bigger the 2.5" unless you are always reving the enginge otherwise you lose out on the bottom end. If you run a single exhaust you may want to go for 3". It will probaly cost you alittle bit more for dual 2.5" but that's because 3" piping is fairly exspence compared to 2.5"

Buy the way does anyone know the part numbers for a set of stock manifolds or what kind of vehicle to look for them on. My headers create to much heat and are difficult to get them to stop leaking.

For stock manifolds that wont restrict your power (AS MUCH) and should fit are sum off a 83-92 camaro Z28's. They should work but I think you will have to move your engine a lil to the passenger side to give room for the steering colom, actually you may have to move the colom closer to the drivers side too. I'd try and see if you can fix the leaky headers first.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11