Thread: how did most of you get your v-8

Question how did most of you get your v-8

I'm tired of all my friends beating my 4.3 with there strokers and nailheads so I was wondering how you acquired your v-8. I dont have too much money so what's the best way to get or build one?
    THANX

I bought a complete core for $200 and with exchange of my blown 4.3, it only had a cracked head so I bought a good one for $35, had it rebuilt and voila

My neighbor and good friend was tired of the low MPG of his truck (81 3/4 ton with a crate motor from 1996 that was made for the 79-84 pickups) because he had to drive everyday.. Truck wasn't in great shape, but the motor was.. He wanted $300 for the truck, w/ everything included.. Well, I told him about partin it out and junkyards and stuff, I gave him $100 for the motor, another guy gave him $100 for the tranny and he got the rest either sold or to the Jyard, he made $650, I got a good engine for $100 :D
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Banned
    How i ended up with my V8 was when i bought my Blazer, the guy had intended on putting a SB in it, but never did.... He had about 5 350 blocks that he threw them in with the Blazer, or well just told me if i wanted them to get them out of his way.... All Virgin blocks, so i ended up with all of them and even a set of 365 horse double humps at no cost... And only gave $500 for the Blazer... But now have one of the 350 blocks setting on the motor stand thats been transformed into a 388 Stroker..... Thats not finished yet and is not going in a S-Series:nono: ...

mine is a jasper crate engine 300hp 1700$
    minitruckin is not a phase ........its a lifestyle

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwnerProfile.aspx?Home=true&ProfileID=18589

http://members.cardomain.com/pagsjohn

ha ha mine came stock

lol, well it did.....
    Originally posted by Slamd_sdime
    um i cant post any threads i dont know what to do.
    92 Lumina Z34 16.25 @ 84.33 mph 15.70 without overdrive
    69 Chevelle 14.97 @ 90.78 mph
    94 Probe 18.27 @ 74 mph
    88 Suburban 18.35 @ 72.07 mph (sure, why not?)
    90 Taurus sw 16.439 @ 82.78 mph on the brakes (just keeps wanting to go faster)
    1988 Acura Integra 1.6L 17.936 @ 75.27mph (217,000 and runnin strong!)

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Being the son of an ex-drag racer is a very nice tool.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Registered User AuthenticRidesMN's Avatar
    I got my 305 for free. It was really oily and i was told it just needed a tune up. Now i have put $2200 into it.

I am about to buy a 327 that runs perfect for $300. A guy i know just took it out of a 67 camaro and dropped a 350 in it.
    1991 2 door 4x4 ex-4.3 Blazer.
    Shaved,Frenched tag,Smoked lights
    305 bored .060 over

My Blazer http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/473206

My brother in law got me mine and did the initial swap too I had to give my blown up 4.3 plus cash for all parts needed for the rebuild and swap.Plus I gave his buddy some cash for doing most of the work.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

when I got my blaz the motor wasnt in yet and ended up being bad... so my boss at work was moving and didnt wanna take the motors with him, so he told me i can have them if i come get em... got a 355 that was bad (motor got submerged) and a fresh block and all the parts for a rebuild... new... all i had to do was get the heads cleaned up, and was good to go...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

i got a good block from my dads wrecker, took it to an engine shop and had i torn apart/cleaned/bored/and rebuilt to a 358

then me and some buddies set her in, all in my home made tarp shop next to my house lol and in THE WINTER! i had to go buy three propane heaters to keep the place warm enough to work in lol

if it wasnt for friends beer and pot... it would have taken a hell of alot longer then 3 months *weekends only...*
    MY CARDOMAIN
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2044141

2/2 drop
    dual flowmaster 40 series
    358 small block/turbo 350 /2500 stall
    holley carb/oil pump/gas pump
    edelbrock intake
    headman headers
    Accel dist/aurora wires
    2 12 inch JL audio subs
    500 rms kenwood amp
    93 front end/induction hood