Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll pan for 2nd gen

Blazer StepShavers

They will be top quality!

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar
    Awesome!

What kind of price are we looking at for BlazinLow members??

And, I certainly hope your shipping isn't going to be like RAW using the freight company and charging $100.00 (or something in that general area) for a piece that weighs probably not 20-30lbs.

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    Well since theirs will be a 3 peice kit. it will fit into a much smaller box. So shipping will be down. Well, should be down.

On a side note, I still stand behind my RAW pan. I know some hate them, but I know what happen with their last molds. It was takin' off a Blazer that was rear ended. When this was finally discovered, a new mold has been made and fit is perfect again. They are probally still in need of finish work before installation though.
    :rolleyes:

Now if I may express my concerns with this ECC rollpan.

1st --- not a fan of the 3 peice. to many lines around. Although it will be fairly easy to plastic weld it up. So not that big a problem for me.

2nd --- I beleive that material will be easily warped over time from heat. Exaust heat will be quite present in the rear there.

3rd --- In the case of a rear ended rollpan, the ABS will be more difficult to repair yourself. Some of these issues were brought up about the RAW pan, but anyone with time can patch fiberglass. Same goes with a metal one. I just don't see much durabilities.

And I am not bashing. I am happy there are choices now. Hell, for a long time we had none. I hope it turns out good and peoiple are happy.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Blazer StepShavers

It is a 3 piece it will ship out through Fed-Ex which will be cheaper than truck freight. The reatil on these will be $249.99 and we have not set a exact price for the blazinlow memebers yet, I'm thinking around 10 to 15 percent off. Thats also something we're working as well. I will post the price before the parts are done. As for warpage the ABS we are using is the same material we have been using on the S-10 truck stepshavers and we have sold close to 500 and no one has mentioned anything about warpage. Also as you may know all new SUV engine covers are made of ABS plastic that are directly bolted the motor. So I don't think that'll be a problem. As for the lines were the side panels meet the rollpan, They can be molded very easy with a glue called ABS/PVC pipe glue. Once this has been apllied theres no turning back the panels are permantly attched to the rollpan. This glue can be purchased at any local hardware store and is the same glue we use to mount our mounting lips inside the side panels. So trust us when we say its strong. Also if a fiberglass pan gets hit it will crack and if the metal one gets hit it will bend if the ABS one gets hit it does have more flex than the other two. And I'm glad these questions are coming up I am very happy to answer them all.

Originally posted by NineSeven4Door
    sweet....i wasnt asking for an exact date cause i know how hard it is just a time frame so i can have the $ ready. and take all the time needed to get this ready. we're more concerned about the quality of it rather than the quickness of availability.
    couldnt of put it better myself

i dont want you guys to rush this pan out due to high demand and its not right..id rather see the time taken to make this a high quality pan, and i think its going to be, i cant wait to purchase this pan..oh by the way, i apprecaite your time on the phone dave.

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Why not sell is as 1 unit? Anybody that knows how to glass can shorten their ends and shorten an s-10 pan, or simply move your stock bumper back. Plus $250 sounds kind of pricey for a 3 piece thing...

How is the pan going to mount to the frame? And if you do mold the 3 pieces together, will you still be able to remove it without modifications?
    VLAD

My 95

Blazer StepShavers

The reason for the 3 piece
    #1 It's easier to thermoform

#2 Our S-10 truck shaver customers never had any problems
    with a 3 piece kit.

#3 Shipping costs on truck vary from 80 to 140 and these ship
    Fed-Ex which will cost you about 25 to 35

#4 They money saved from shipping can but you a can of the glue and mold it yourself for cheaper

And yes once the kit is molded as a one piece it can be removed as one unit. And the price is good when you compare quality, price, easy installation, easy prep for paint, and lower shipping costs compared to the other one on the market.

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    :bigthumb:

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

use Fed-Ex I want a bonus Mr Bravada's Avatar
    yea thanks dave, thats a great job on answering the questions but i have one as well,...
    Please tell me that you guys ship to Anchorage AK, 99504
    Because i have had alot of companies tell me that there is no way what-so-ever that they will ship up here, but if you are i know we'll be buying many products from you guys in the future!!
    2000 Bravada
    "Big rims are like chicks wearing thongs, anyone can put them on....But that doesnt mean it looks good"
    VP S-Clusive Alaska Chapter
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218780

I would definitly like to see a plateless pan made... that would be great.

Blazer StepShavers

Yes Mr Bravada we can ship AK. Shipping alone is $93.82. And as for the no tag pan Aquafina, It's noted I'm keeping record of the requests I'm getting on it.

keep the requests goin, id like a no tag myself but if not possible i guess i have to settle for what i can get

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

use Fed-Ex I want a bonus Mr Bravada's Avatar
    hell thats not bad at all, at least you ship up here..... thats 2nd day Fed-ex right? glad to be in business with you Dave!! i'll pass on the word to some others up here
    How much would the shipping jump for 1 more, ( 2 total )?
    2000 Bravada
    "Big rims are like chicks wearing thongs, anyone can put them on....But that doesnt mean it looks good"
    VP S-Clusive Alaska Chapter
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218780

Thanks for noting it man... Outta curiosity wouldnt it be easy for you guys to make a tagless pan? Right now the pans are in 3 pieces so if Im thinking correctly you wouldnt have to do anything to the 2 sides. You would just have to create a new 3rd middle piece. Does that make sense?

Blazer StepShavers

Thats right Aquafina we would just have to make a roll pan only but the molds are VERY expensive and time consuming. But like I said if there are enough requests then the company couldn't turn it down. Mr Bravada I'm sure the shipping will go up on next day air but I'd have to check to see how much. From parts I've shipped in the past to AK I don't think it would be worth the extra money.