Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality of RVM wheels????

Quality of RVM wheels????

I have seen sets of RVM rims on Ebay really cheap. Has anyone heard of these wheels before and if so are the a really cheap wheel that will bend easy?? Thanks for the advice inadvance!

I'm lookin at thes 19s from them also.

Bump

Yeah im kind of worried about getting them because I dont want to get them and they bend the first pot hole I hit...haha. I dont think that im going to get them.

dont know about the quality but my buddy just got some and they are really light so im guessing they will bend nicely
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

Originally posted by 8 banger blazer
    dont know about the quality but my buddy just got some and they are really light so im guessing they will bend nicely

light = good for performance
    light may= bad for quality wheel??

the less rotating mass you have the better it is on your driveline and brakes, but it may be bad as far as quality material construction
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Thanks for the link c-town.

I went to my local rim guy. They buy blanks and drill when you order. The machinist left and the owner is the only guy that can drill thtem now. The reason their so cheap is there last years models and their being discontinued.

I'm gonna try to buy 5. If not, I might just bite the bullet and get only 4. Hopefully I wont bend them. I'd only be paying 1150 or so for 19's...maybe get another rim for another 100. Can't beat 1250 for chrome 19s with tires. What sketchy is they have a $100 pick up fee. Even if i got tires and everything there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Last edited by Blazed; 03-30-2005 at 11:07 PM.

Don't buy from RVM. They suck. Their mad sketchy about everything. Their the worst people to deal with.

Resident Ranger Asshole MrRngr94's Avatar
    I bought some and came out lucky. I got the right wheels that I ordered and on time too. ALso, I found out mine are Cabo 925B's, even thought the seller listed them as RVM Retablos. I guess they're the same?????? My rims were actually pretty heavy, but then again I'm not use to carrying 20" rims.
    Last edited by MrRngr94; 04-25-2005 at 03:03 AM.

what size tire are you running? do they seem cheap? i read his feedback and that complaint forum stuff and its seems too sketchy.
    92 blazer 4 door 4.3 2wd, 00 s10, 03 accord v6

Originally posted by 668
    I fuckin popped her, held back a little, but I clipped her pretty good.

They get the same rims from the factories in China as some of the major brands. (cabo, limited, something that starts with a f) They get the rims blank and drill them at their shop. Their changed slightly (like they dont have cabo or limited imprinted in the rim) so you're not paying for the name.

I wouldn't support these guys. They have the worse ethics. Their shop is a shit hole, my guy was afraid to even go in the place alone. They rip you off on shipping ($200 when it costs $80-100) or get you with a "pick up" fee of $100. They over-charge on tax. They add a bunch of fees so the great deal they seem to be isn't so great.

Read the complaint forum. The guy will not stand behind his products. Once you have the rims in your possession he drops you like a bad habit. Anything goes wrong and your shit out of luck.

Call up some of the dealers they have on their website (rvmwheels.com or something like that) 3 out of the 4 people I called said they've had problems with the company and are about to drop the line. It's just not worth the risk.

they wont even fit they're too small only a 4.50 not a 4.75 like you need for blazer.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mycardomainpage

Resident Ranger Asshole MrRngr94's Avatar
    I'm running 255/35/20's. The rims don't seem cheap. They were actually kinda heavy to me.

JERM, They will fit Blazers. They have both the 4.50 and the 4.75 patterns.

Here's a link to my thread when I got them. Maybe there's something usefeull in there?????
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...threadid=39962

Long Island Native Freakin Rican's Avatar
    my bro in law went to rvm yesterday (he's in long island) and the rims are shit. made in china and bend very easily. so if you buy a set make sure you buy extra b/c they will bend. he went to our friend who is a local guy who fixes bent rims and he said he gets plenty of rims from there to fix. some are even cracked.

I bought the 20' Spazios they had on there and I had no problems with them. I'm running 255/35/20 and the only thing that changed was I lost a little steering. You just have to tell them what your bolt pattern is and they will set you up just fine.