Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $3500 peformance

$3500 peformance

i saw a thread over at s10forum. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showth...=169589&page=1for $3500 how fast could you make or have made your s10 blazer?dollar for dollar who would win. accord or s10 blazer?

Positively Negative
    for $3500 you could just buy this and beat almost anything that honda could do for $3500... http://store.summitracing.com/partde...8&autoview=sku

but if you spent $3500 on building one yourself, you could do a lot more

330hp isnt that much.. in reality w/ 3500 doing the work yourself you can build a pretty bad ass truck.. but on the other hand.. i know a few low dollar FAST hondas that would give it a good run for its money.. it all depends if you buy prebuilt/kits rather then put stuff together yourself..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

I would have to say the Accord would deff be faster. But if you put about 2-3 people in the Accord it aint gonna go nowhere, and we'll still pull the weight along in our Blazers without a problem :bigthumb: If you build the motor yourself and save on labor, you and deff build a sweet motor that will blow the pants off a lot of things. It all depends how you set it up. You can build it like a torque monster and have it blow anything away off the line or make it top end wise and have you still pulling with no problem at like 90 mph

tone dos (tone tone) Tony Sport's Avatar
    i cannot believe that guy is arguing about the accord making more power seemingly no matter what. fuck how much a god damn accord weighs, it is not THAT much less than a blazer. if weight is his only argument, then a geo metro should spank every thing out there right?

with $3500 it all depends who is buying the parts, and if that person knows what they are doing. id say compitant ricer mechanic versus compitant domestic mechanic, domestic mechanic wins by a small to moderate margin. but you start adding more money to the mix, the blazer is going to pull away more and more. there is way more speed potential with the v8'd blaze, the accord will be limited to what its FWD will handle. i dont care what anyone says RWD/AWD conversion on a fucking accord is NOT A FEASABLE OPTION!! bottom line.

those slant eye engines will take more nitrous than ours will, so the compitant ricer mechanic might add large amounts of squeeze without even considering engine breakage. the compitant domestic mechanic will look at component failure as a problem and start putting money into stronger parts that by themselves will not effect the speed of the vehicle at all before adding large amounts of nitrous. but i think a nitoused (because seriously what else are they gonna do with 3500 bucks) 4 banger versus a $3500 ported head, intake and cam matched v8 might be a decent race, and a decent challenge for the small block. what is wrong with all these stupid ricers doing engine swaps for about 45 hp gain? that shit makes me laugh. go ahead and spend your 3500 dollars on a B22 whatever engine :rofl: ill buy some AFR heads and a victor jr intake.

which one is funner to drive? TORQUE. and fun is what its all about right? which one looks better? come on now, you guys know the answer to that. why would you even want to ATTEMPT to make an accord quick, at the end of the day it is still an accord.
    rip SlamminS15

if it makes you feel any better.. my friend allen has a old school vw 4 cyl 5 speed turboed that puts down 580hp to the wheels!.. hes knocking on the door of 9sec passes..

my previous post i was talking about knoledgeable mechanics not ricers w/ bigger exhausts then brains... alot of people are starting to catch on import performance and by that i mean a little more then intakes, fart pipes and cut springs .. turboes are starting to be a LOT more common nowadays .. but anyways it all depends on the people doing the work obviously because theres a lot more to going fast then just a big motor
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

how much $ did he spend to make it that fast?i'm not knocking the imports at all. i saying that it takes alot more $ to make them fast.a domestic car can go faster for alot less money.for $3500 where would a s10 be as far as times?with good fast parts.

$1500 350
    $diy ported heads
    $250 pistons
    $300 intercooler
    $200 for used rebuilt t3s off a turbo coupe
    $diy ghetto weld manifolds
    $200 rebuilt carb, mod for f/i
    $300 fuel system/tubing/plumbing
    $300 cheap used th350
    $few hundred msc stuff
    $check the garbage or under your sink for a limited slip unit

tune it with a flat head screw driver and a couple beers
    =make over 400tq at the wheels

or you can motor swap, turbo, buy all the little japanese witcha diga tunin gizmos, flip on some techno and throw down 150tq for all that work.
    85 sbc blazer

Originally posted by slackware
    $1500 350
    $diy ported heads
    $250 pistons
    $300 intercooler
    $200 for used rebuilt t3s off a turbo coupe
    $diy ghetto weld manifolds
    $200 rebuilt carb, mod for f/i
    $300 fuel system/tubing/plumbing
    $300 cheap used th350
    $few hundred msc stuff
    $check the garbage or under your sink for a limited slip unit

tune it with a flat head screw driver and a couple beers
    =make over 400tq at the wheels

or you can motor swap, turbo, buy all the little japanese witcha diga tunin gizmos, flip on some techno and throw down 150tq for all that work.
    :rofl: :rofl:
    I love how you threw the "flip on some techno" in there lol...Dont you know the fast paced beats from the techno make there cars go faster.

I'm never going to stop throwing this linka round, its just so awesome

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/81998/

440hp for about $3200

Originally posted by m8w6r77
    how much $ did he spend to make it that fast?i'm not knocking the imports at all. i saying that it takes alot more $ to make them fast.a domestic car can go faster for alot less money.for $3500 where would a s10 be as far as times?with good fast parts.
    he dosent have THAT much into it.. he runs stock axles and a fairly stock tranny *he goes thru them ALOT* the motor is basically one off he did a LOT of head work to it himself so mainly all he paid for was rods crank and pistons.. but im sure he can do it for less then $3500..

BTW slackware.. id love to see your $300 fuel system thats gonna handle two turbos and please record you tuning it w/ the beers and a screwdriver..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

it isn't that hard to make a 4 cyl car quick. For 3500 and a lot of DIY work the guy could have a 115 mph car. but on the other hand another 3500 in a v8 blazer you could have an all motor blazer in the 115 mph range easily, or a sprayed blazer in the 120s or more depends on how much abuse the bottom end is willing to take.
    1987 s10 bazer v8 blazer
    2001 Camaro SS
    2006 saturn ion-2

member of Tony Low jax asses

for $3500, Id get some afr heads, CC306 cam and piece together a remote mount turbo setup for mine like the sts and over like 550hp. I already talked to him about a universal turbo, he said it would be about 1800, but that was way before he got popular. With all the other mods I have I could support that stuff, but with computer tuning , cam ,RRs, and the little stuff Id be over the budget.
    Ive actually put some thought into just ordering everything minus the tubing and have that done locally
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Banned
    I wished i could have just ended up only having $3500 in my motor.... But no ive got $6500 in it and it still isnt done, but then again its built by the same blue print as another motor that went in a full bodied Nova 6:80's all motor, then on a 100 shot stayed consistant 6:40's in the 1/8th...

Originally posted by slow 89

BTW slackware.. id love to see your $300 fuel system thats gonna handle two turbos and please record you tuning it w/ the beers and a screwdriver..
    $120 14psi fuel pump + stock steel lines and a boost reference reg not supporting 400whp? We are talking carbed and also $300 didnt include a carb as it and its price was listed seperatly. And im talkin sarcasticly about the screwdrivers as im saying you dont need expensive tuning tools such as AFCs, GCC, etc.

if you want me to be 100% serious give me 3500 and im sure I can show you 400whp.
    Last edited by slackware; 03-17-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    85 sbc blazer