Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $3500 peformance

Eat.Sleep.Lift...repeat EmptyPockets's Avatar
    yo matt, is ur friend allen in a car club with other VW's that all run like under 11s? i read a vw mag. at work and it was bout 3 kids from jerzy with old school vws that all had plus 500 hp and ran under 11 in the 1/4.

i believe one was yellow, gray and black?

I'm putting my bet on what ever ride Slow89 decided to build, he's one of the best bang for the buck fabricator on the forum.

arent we all considered equal until our abilities and skills are all fully known?
    85 sbc blazer

Originally posted by slackware
    arent we all considered equal until our abilities and skills are all fully known?
    NO,

I start people at zero and most go negative, although the V8 section is the best for "positives" like yourself. Completing your turbo project will be impressive.

Well actually that list was for that how would you spend 3500

I will be working on a setup soon although. Sometime during the summer it should be complete. I want to run everything I have as is except for porting the 882 heads I have (they respond pretty good to porting, intake flow improves from 150CFM to about 230 with bowl work and widening bowl opening to 87% of intake valve. They are the 76cc open chamber heavy duty castings) plus a t4 P trim 60mm turbo (brand new, im buying it off a friend for $300), fmic, step up to a bigger fuel pump, 3.5 exhaust, and built 8.5 rear with caltracs

looking for 430ish (conservative, realisticly speaking you have to understand im not backing it with slicks and 9") at the wheels, hopefully the rear end doesnt grenade
    85 sbc blazer

for 3500 why dont you build a sprayed alcohol engine? seems senible to me if you arent worried about street ability
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

The best way to make the fastest car the cheapest is to do 2 things

Get the lightest car you can rx7s miata's and so on own in the bang for buck races because they are light and RWD and not hard to swap a sbc into

then get a 400sbc because you can make the most power for cheap with it

Slackware I have never heard of gaining that much flow with 882 heads period they are also lightweight castings so you have to be careful not to hit water
    Just rev it till it goes bang..... then you know what your engine can or cant do.

Originally posted by Bryce
    Slackware I have never heard of gaining that much flow with 882 heads period they are also lightweight castings so you have to be careful not to hit water
    error, I meant 993s:bigthumb:

As for best strait line performance? longetivity, streetability, etc not considered, I would say a small block nitrous setup, that I wont go into deep detail with since I really dont feel the need
    85 sbc blazer