Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: chopped top 85

chopped top 85

Sup guys im new here but wanted to join kus i just kut up my 85 blazer tonight. we just rolled it in the shop and chopped 14" out of the top. Sounds retarted but it will be bad ass. Still got lots of work to do but its down.
    Oz
    Lord of the flames
    "try doing that with vinyl"
    Slow draggin
    sd-Kutt it like u stole it

And just for the record, are you a migit? Because it would be nearly impossible for most people to get into a blazer after chopping the roof 14".
    VLAD

My 95

Nope sorry not a miget! And i so know its hard to believe, but my camera was dead last nite so let me see if i can figure out how to throw em up her now!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/489237/6
    Ok im new scroll down to the bottom i threw 2 pics on here. And just so u know im not a blazer guy i just got this thing cuz it was free! LOL
    lata
    Oz
    Lord of the flames
    Slow draggin

I looked at the pictures and all I can say is, "THAT'S THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!" Just because you sawed the roof off and sat it on 2x4's doesn't qualify as chopping the top. Finish it and then show us pictures. I don't know of any state in the U.S. that would allow a vehicle on the road with a windshield that small. Your profile says you're a custom paint and bodyman. Somehow I find that hard to believe after seeing the pictures of your 14" chop. I think I'll go nail 2 pieces of wood together and put in my profile I'm a house builder.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Originally posted by smsmith36
    I looked at the pictures and all I can say is, "THAT'S THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!" Just because you sawed the roof off and sat it on 2x4's doesn't qualify as chopping the top. Finish it and then show us pictures. I don't know of any state in the U.S. that would allow a vehicle on the road with a windshield that small. Your profile says you're a custom paint and bodyman. Somehow I find that hard to believe after seeing the pictures of your 14" chop. I think I'll go nail 2 pieces of wood together and put in my profile I'm a house builder.
    well if this guys legit the i'd say that the 2x4's are temporary and are just holding the roof up before he molds them back together.
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

I love it when some idiot steps up to make an ass out of himself. First post on this site and some dude is already thinkin he is all high and mighty. Seams that if he know as much ass he thinks he would be in the shop working instead of shooting everyone else's ideas down. And by the looks of it that thing he is building needs it. What is that something for the new mad max movie?
    Anyway bro not to cap on your work, i can see u put alot into it and thats what makes it cool! So why dont u give a lil slack and i will send ya pics of it as it goes. in the several hours since i cut it, i finished cutting that i went home and slept, now im going to get back in the tero and hed back over to clean up the mess i have made at the shop and get ready to cut the roff apart so i can weld it all back together and make all the non believers like u say damn why didnt i do that? Ok maybe not but it was a free truck so kut it!
    Anyway man we are bro, we are in the same hobby so lets throw the bs aside and get along there are enough asshole out there that look at or whips and say why! lets focus on them and not each other!
    Lata
    Oz
    Lord of the flames
    Slow draggin

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    very intrested in this, but why such a drastic chop? 14 is a huge chop.. where the 2x4 are mounted is that where ur desired roof height is? if i were you i would raise it up at least 4 inches more than what you have it there... what you gonna do about fitting in it?

...you know what actualy after looking at is more if you have that thing bagged an laying frame that will look sweet... and the position of the roof actually looks fuckin sweet at the height u have it set at... i want to see more pics now.... dont worry about what anyone says if what your doin makes u happy then do it for your self.. dont build that to suit some1 elses taste.....

good luck on this project cant wait to see what it looks like:bigthumb:
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

not a fan at all, shoulda got a 49 merc instead. but hey its not my truck, should look better with a 5 inch body section and laying the doors on the ground:bigthumb:
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd

I measured my glass in my side windows today. There is only 16". If you chopped it 14" there would only be 2" left. Your picture looks like more than that. I still say there is no way you could get that licensed for the street in any state. In the 50's and 60's they used to do chops like that for speed runs on ther Bonneville Salt Flats but you had to be almost laying down to drive. I'll eat my words and bow down to you if I ever see pics of it finished and you driving it.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

if you really do this.... bring the top up 4 more inchs from where it sits on those 2x4's. IF you are going all out then this should be chopped & channeled. Then a huge body drop.

im definatly skeptical with the rest of the population. But im not hating like some.

Good Luck
    Warrantykiller: you need to rob a bank
    Originally posted by bigjsp

damn straight, pump her monkey and make her know that she's with a chevy guy

Thumbs down

personally i think it looks like crap.. and id love to see someone try to make the glass for that thing .. and even if/when you get it done.. youll get a rolls of tickets before you can make it to the gas station .. but hey.. to each there own
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    While reading the post and looking at the pics, I have to think maybe the guy is just saying 14" cause that is what is is at while it is sitting on the 2x4s waiting to be reinstalled at a more sensable heigth?

Making and adding new pillars to bring it up??

Just throwing that out to give the benifit of the doubt to the guy.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

i just want to see the 2" rear window up.

are you actually going to have it open or just fixed?

i dont know yet. i have mixed feelings about it. it IS something different BUT it may be a little TO different. maby if it were a smaller chop. maby like a 5 in or something.

if you go through it all and make it look alright...ill give you props.

making the new pillars wouldnt be too hard just use the orginal ones and section the roof and stretch it and fill it in with sheet metal.

as far as the truck, dont worry about what these guys say, do it the way you want to

not my style but i would like to see it done though :bigthumb:
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

Well I so see how u guys would feel, i would be like what the fuck to. obviously i dont care about this truck. im making something way messed up. It aint suppossed to be like anything u have ever seen, kinda like the 12" body dropps. I go tto shows every weekend in the summer and i want something way out there. Will it be licenced probably not. I dont care i have 4 other show cars to drive. This will be my first trailer queen and i dont care!
    To fill u in on the rest of the build its getting a 4" section then at least a 4 1/2" body drop. Flat head v8 is the prefered motor but that is still out. 1/4 windows shaved rear wind will be a plexi 2 pcs to look like an older 50's style sedan delivery. Side window wont exist. windshiled will get a plexi pcs as well. Gate welded closed pass door welded closed. everything shaved, with 40 ford tails. Grill shell will be a phantom spiderweb design with 40 ford teardrop headlights. and a lovered hood. Interior will be metal and a bench seat rat fink style shifter out the roof, and a vintage dash and stearing wheel. Yes i have it planned out and yes it will be done i hope to have it rolling at Indy truck bash this year but we will see. Just depends on how busy i get at the shop.
    If u guys have any questions hit me up id be gladdly answer em!
    As for mister smith :finger: Bro i dont know what your deal is but it will happen. haters like u just make it easyer to get back in the shop and kutt it up. and the fact that u havent seen any of my work and u are questioning my abillitys is laughable. I dont know everything but i do know what im doing so sit back shut your fuckin mouth. and let the grown ups talk about building shit.
    To the rest of ya thanks for your support! Im out
    Lata
    Oz
    Lord of the flames
    Slow draggin