Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2WD conversion

Positively Negative
    also, its easier to get the axle out if you disconnect the upper ball joint from the spindle

i prefer NOT to do this if the ball joint is in good condition

Originally posted by syclonekid43
    the driveshaft on a 4x4 starts after the t-bar crossmember

well it still hooks to the trans and all of it goes past the t-bar crossmember so a longer driveshaft should do just the samething.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

Positively Negative
    the driveshaft on a 4x4 starts after the t-bar crossmember

true..... but......

my mom's blazer is 2wd ... but it has a t-bar crossmember ... no bars or keys of course, but it does have a t-bar crossmember ... its a 98 though so that maybe makes a difference...

and of course it doesnt interfere with the drive shaft...

Originally posted by J Phillies
    true..... but......

my mom's blazer is 2wd ... but it has a t-bar crossmember ... no bars or keys of course, but it does have a t-bar crossmember ... its a 98 though so that maybe makes a difference...

i forgot about that. my 92 2wd 4dr is the same. t-bar crossmember with nothin hooked to it
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

STILL PLAYS WITH TRUCKS
    Originally posted by J Phillies
    true..... but......

Its not a T-bar crossmember its a tranny crossmember that holds the tranny in, T-bar one goes farther back.
    SOON TO BE
    2000 S10 front end
    Custom drop lower control arms/ Now installed lower balljoint steped up 2.5", torsion bar bolts crank to the top.

the pics are up on cardomain.Control arms are in.

Positively Negative
    Originally posted by slammed_jimmy
    Its not a T-bar crossmember its a tranny crossmember that holds the tranny in, T-bar one goes farther back.

ummm.... no

i know what im talking about ... its a tbar crossmember ... its about 8 inches behind the tranny

there both tranny x member and torsion x member
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

Man I hate to say it but on this topic you do not seem to know what you are talking about .And if you tried it and could not get it to work than you did not know what you were doing.

STILL PLAYS WITH TRUCKS
    Originally posted by mpeace
    Man I hate to say it but on this topic you do not seem to know what you are talking about .And if you tried it and could not get it to work than you did not know what you were doing.
    I dont know what im doing, Then why is it that i have my mechanics license, and a certified GM mechanic. And i have tried myself and NO it did not work. The tailstock for the tansfer case starts after the t-bar x-member and on a 2wd the tail stock started before the t-bar x-member. So the driveshaft went right into the x-member for the torsion bars. But if you are right then i would like to see a pick of this x-member you are talking about.
    SOON TO BE
    2000 S10 front end
    Custom drop lower control arms/ Now installed lower balljoint steped up 2.5", torsion bar bolts crank to the top.

Originally posted by mpeace
    Is this reply for me?I havent even started it and all I asked was a simple question. so i am not sure what you are talking about

Originally posted by thechopper69
    Is this reply for me?I havent even started it and all I asked was a simple question. so i am not sure what you are talking about
    no it was for slammed_jimmy

I dont know what im doing, Then why is it that i have my mechanics license, and a certified GM mechanic. And i have tried myself and NO it did not work. The tailstock for the tansfer case starts after the t-bar x-member and on a 2wd the tail stock started before the t-bar x-member. So the driveshaft went right into the x-member for the torsion bars. But if you are right then i would like to see a pick of this x-member you are talking about.

man why would the driveshaft go right into the t-bar crossmember?even though the tail end off the trans moves forward they should not be any reason it would not still hook up.you say the end on the 4wd trans is after the t-bar crossmember and the 2wd trans ends before the t-bar crossmember,alonger drivershaft should go right threw the same place the other driveshaft did and hookup to the 2wd trans,if the 4wd trans goes past the crossmember and it is bigger than a driveshaft then a driveshaft should go past the crossmember the other way.

when you tried it did you not have the trans up all the way or something?

STILL PLAYS WITH TRUCKS
    Do you know that the driveshaft has an angle on them. Its not a straight line from the tail stock to the rear end. So when i put the shaft in that slight angle made it hit the t-bar x-member.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Do you have a pic of the t-bar x-member in a 2wd drive, I would really like to see it.
    SOON TO BE
    2000 S10 front end

i can get a pic of my 2wd 4dr. ill snap one tonight if i go by the shop later. if not ill try to remeber tomorrow while im at work

i can get a pic of my 2wd 4dr. ill snap one tonight if i go by the shop later. if not ill try to remeber tomorrow while im at work
    man if you could get that pic it would help alot!because I can not explain to him how it works but I just know it will work.