Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolt-in Notch Installation Procedure

very nice how-to

One question..

How come you only jack the axle up to normal ride height when centering the notch? I always thought you had to jack the axle up as far as it would go, then center the notch from there? or does this not matter?

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    when you jack the axle up, it will only go to ride height. only way it will go all the way up is if you add weight to it. thats why he used the weight on a string.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

good post. are you bagged or plan on bagging?
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

LT1 Inside
    If you change the height of your truck (lower it more) after the notch has already been installed, will that throw it off?
    1994 S10 Blazer - LT1/4L60E, 3.42s
    1994 S10 Longbed - LB4/NV3500, 2.73s

If you change the height of your truck (lower it more) after the notch has already been installed, will that throw it off?
    As long as your axle is centered in the notch it should be ok. If you plan on using blocks, it best to install them at the same time as the notch but, you can also install them later if you decide to go that route.

good post. are you bagged or plan on bagging?
    Not bagged now. As far as bagging in the future? Maybe. I have thought a nice 4 link and bags would go nice but, I don't want to cut up the floor to make a larger notch fit. For now I want to get the v8 in and finish the body.

i was looking at my truck. i have 18x8 with 235/40 tires. if i measured right. it looks like i can lay frame with my 4dr with out cutting into the floor. it looks real close,but dont quote me caause i am not really sure.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

Originally posted by syclonekid43
    i was looking at my truck. i have 18x8 with 235/40 tires. if i measured right. it looks like i can lay frame with my 4dr with out cutting into the floor. it looks real close,but dont quote me caause i am not really sure.
    my measurments from my 94 4 door came out to be between .5'' and laying on a 245/40/18 tire.
    4 Door Love

thats not bad. what would the floor be cut for? the notch? the rear end pumpkin? cause hopefully i will start bagging once my settlement check comes in.which should be this week

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Floor needs to be notched for the pumpkin, unless you're planning on laying on 20's, or larger, than you may need to cut into your floor, it's all a matter of determination. If you're very determined to make it work, you can.

you wouldn't need to do much for the pumpkin. just a small raised area.

here's guiltbydesign's 88:

he has a differnt set up but you get the idea.
    4 Door Love

BAHHH, Damn bolt on's. You know you should still weld those on even when you bolt em.
    2 12" type R's
    2 Orion 1200D's strapped at .5 ohms each
    Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0
    Slot port tuned to 50 HZ
    147.2 new TL

I know your fuel line is on top but mine is in the frame how could i avoid the fuel line think i could bend it out of the way or is there somethin else i could do with out drilling into them or cutting into them

When the lines are in the rail, you will need to take care not to cut through them. Remove them from the clamps, then I use a small scrap of sheetmetal as a shield when cutting. The lines can be bent with care to fit in the left over space. Try not to kink them, if they do kink they will need to be replaced.

Originally posted by Mindless_Chaos
    BAHHH, Damn bolt on's. You know you should still weld those on even when you bolt em.
    i still had mine welded just for the hell of it.

because if you just bolt it in and the bolts lossen over time the frame will be weaker where was cut and start to move and eventually break. much like when you twist a paper clip. so if you just bolted yours in, every so often just make sure all your bolts are tight

and to the fuel line concerns, just do like he said and becarefull of them and the notch will clear them after the cutting.
    4 Door Love

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    i know this is an old post, but i was jus reading on it... i have a 4wd lowered in the rear the same way with 3 in drop leafs and 2 in blocks... sittin on the ground my axle is resting on the bump stop, its one hell of a bad bumpy ride, but im all about the looks soo it doesnt bother me... anywho... i was jus afraid that if i got a notch like that, that it wouldnt sit level, becuz i cant go any lower in the front, being that its still 4wd, and i was kinda thinking the rear might sit a lil lower if that bump stop wasnt there, or if i put in a notch, with out the bump stop being there, tho theres more clearence with a notch, that it would still slam the frame from time to time. any ideas on what to do? think i should get a bolt in notch like that?
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb: