Thread: Where to buy a York 209 (SC209) compressor?

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar

Where to buy a York 209 (SC209) compressor?

Can you get this smaller York at an auto parts store like you can the larger ones?

Cheapest I found it was like $175 and change from some site online that wasnt an auto parts store.

Reason Im asking is that I may end up buying the Air Lift kit that fits my truck and using the 209 instead of the normal 210...gonna be hard to spend $300 on a bracket, belt and 2 pulleys though

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

I know this is like 2 weeks old, but why would you want to run the 209 over the 210? The 209 is only slightly smaller due to the fact that the 209 is a 9 cubic inch motor and the 210 is a 10 cubic inch motor.

As far as getting one new yes you can, find out what car the 209 came on stock and order it. I believe the early 80s Mustangs came with the 209, not sure if all did but I know Ive seen 2 in the junkyard with the 209. Also the 83 Mustang came stock with a serpentine clutch pulley.

And as far as bracket are concerned, can you weld? and do you have a little bit of metal laying around? If so just fab some brackets for it.

Also check this page out if you havent. S10 York Install
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    i got mine out of a 82 volvo not sure the # of it
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

how many psi is the yorks rated for? highest i seen was 145 psi. is there a way to get more out of it?
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

I saw a thread at S10 forum saying that the 210 can get up to 400 PSI.

I can't weld, which is why I wanted to try to find the 209 so it fit the kit...the Sales manager from Air Lift said he would sell me any part from that $300 kit I wanted, all I needed was the part number for it...so I may just buy the bracket from him

My MySpace Page

well if you would be interested, I could run to the junkyard and get you one. I would just charge the price of the part plus shipping. But from what I can remember the 209 and 210 look the same on the outside, but I may be wrong. Also from what I remember the only real differnce between the 2 is the 209 has less of a stroke making only 9 cubic inches where as the 210 has a longer stroke resulting in 10 cubic inches.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I have this one:

I don't know a damn thing about it other than whats on that tag. Slow89 swapped that to me. I forget what he got it out of. I'm not sure of it's value without the clutch. Make an offer.
    -Back to the only low vehicle being a 4x4.

I have no idea of the 209's value or if the one you have is the one I need or not...I am a complete newb to this stuff. If you find out what its worth shoot me a price then we can negotiate.

Or, 8 banger, if you could find one in a junk yard let me know what the price would be...

Thanks!

I have heard from several people that the difference between the 210 and the 209's air output is not that much...

My MySpace Page