Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belltech Torsion Bar Keys

truck is going in for a full suspension fix in 2 weeks, have the dealership purchasing the belltech torsion keys and as well as the billsteins, just wondering if the keys will take away from all the mess that i've been having with the front end currently i do have a 3 -3 drop but with the keys i can get a 4?

Dis member ed
    yes. I say youcan go as low as 4'' to 5'' but you start to sacrifice ride quality. if you'd like to super low, when you pull the torsion bar to put keys in, jack your a arm up and put back in. But remember the only lowered shocks I've seen for a 4WD is for a 3'' drop. any lower and it'll ride sh*t
    If it ain''t shaved, it ain't BLAZED.

Positively Negative
    i notched and braced the tbar crossmember for a 4.5 inch drop ... running stock shocks ... rides better than before i dropped it...

Belltech 3/3 drop

I got the 3/3 belltech drop for my 89 blazer n i got the leafs in no problem..... but is there n e speical way to put the new keys in or do u just have 2 beat the piss outta them...i was also thinking a torch n a air hammer? n e other ideas?

Yeah I need to get some for my truck. I have 3" blocks now. But Im thinking about doing 275/40/17s all around with maybe springs and blocks with teh keys up front.

damn low dragging 4x4
    no offense to anyone but i wouldnt say there is much of a "wrong way" to lower your 4x4 (other than removing the bolt and the block that holds the key from coming down). Theres the torsion bar trick, notching the xmember, flipping the key... and the list goes on. Theres also the way i do it http://blazinlow.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=63839
    I would say there are just easier ways to do it. Some people want full slam, others a sport stance, some want low in summer and up in winter. I just wanted to say Belltech did a great job with the torsion keys, but they dont give u full slam, the cost a lot more than some of the other options, and most people with earlier models would have a hell of a time removing the torsion bars and installing the keys with just simple tools.
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

Dis member ed
    Hey Turner, beat the holy piss out of them they'll come loose. I even hosed 'em down with penetrating oil for two or three weeks straight before the drop and I still had a hell of a time. A lift and a 6lb. sledge would be your best friends right about now.

Dis member ed
    JKBlazin, am I misunderstanding or do you have Honda ground effects on your Blazer. If so, was that pretty simple or was there alot of mock up and fab. Not to bite your style but I have been thinking of way to either fab skirts or find something close enough to fit, Let's face it all the Blazer kits are old and outdated they are not my style. Get back to me, and pics would be cool. Thanks

damn low dragging 4x4
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/689264
    Ya its just a 98 Honda accord ground effect cut to fit. Even kept every body line matching up. Took some work but when i did it i felt like you do about the kits being "outdated".
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

Fully Erect Member
    well my experiences were good doing the keys, i unbolted the x member and took a 20 pound sledge and they dropped right out

alright guys, i have a couple questions. i have brand new keys here with shocks. the thing is, i've moved from CT to Orlando FL here and the apartment complex can be a pain with things that we are allowed to do. We have been pushing it though. Whats the easiest way to go about this. how many bolts hold in the cross member where the keys are? Let me get it straight... i can unbolt the cross memember, and just knock the memember backwards or do i still have to take the keys out and rent a puller and shit. should i have the front on jackstands while doing so? How long does it take normally. I really don't want to take it to a shop, when i can do it at home, but i won't be home for a couple years. I have brand new balljoints too, just not a drill, or press(you can rent those though) or the room/house to do it.:(

I have rear leafs too... lmao..
    3/3 drop with 20s