Thread: Egr

Hating the stupid

Egr

how do I get my EGR out?! I see 2 bolts in it, but I can't get to one with a good sized wrench... its a CPI motor...
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.

cake man the right bolt you just use a socket and extension, the left one you need to put an elbow on the socket so it can bend. Thats all, just twist it and move it around till it squeezes out.
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

Hating the stupid
    awesome! I gotta go get a swivel then, cause I've been tryin with extension, cause I don't have a swivel... thanks man
    2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |2000 Camaro SS - M6 - Leather - Custom Exhaust |
    2003 | S10 ZR2 - M5 |
    1994 S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - 1994 |S10 Blazer - DEAD - Auto - |

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

but 94's are really a bastard year.

ACE, you really dont need a swivel, just use a 10mm wrench, it worked perfect on my EGR removal.. If you are replacing your EGR, the only difficult part is getting the gasket to stick while you put the new EGR back on.. Be sure to put both bolts in just enough to hold it still so that the gasket wont fall off, or so that you can still adjust the gasket until it fits correctly, and then tighten down the bolts all the way on the EGR. And the easiest way to get the EGR out for me was thru the hole below where the inlet air ductwork was, just twist and turn it out of there.. It looked and seemed much easier than trying to get it out on the left side where the black bar was...
    Last edited by S/T Lover; 07-15-2002 at 03:35 PM.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

u have to use a swivle unless u have a SMALLL socket wrench with a small 10mm bit

Well I used the 10mm wrench that I had with my Craftsman tool set.. It ws about 4-6 inches long.. It worked like a dream... Its just another option in case he doesnt have swivel...

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

I envy you I want a set of those wrenches!! it took me 10 mins with a normal 10mm wrench before I got the swivel elbow for my sockets

LOL... Well when your old man works for Sears as a repair technican, he gets all his tools for free.. and then when he passed away, I took everyone tool in his work van out and kept them too.. Thats for them bastards making him work on weekends all the time. But they are nice, plus if they ever break just take em back and get a new one..