Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leaf pack info

and how was the ride on that?
    92 blazer 4 door 4.3 2wd, 00 s10, 03 accord v6

Originally posted by 668
    I fuckin popped her, held back a little, but I clipped her pretty good.

ok another question. i only have a 3 leaf pack do you think its possible to remove the middle leaf and also add another over load leaf. that way i would still be getting a good drop. and wouldn't really be putting to much weight on the main leaf. i dont really care about the ride that much. it could ride like shit i dont care. just want it lower but dont want problems.

do you just think it would be easier to go get a 4 leaf pack and remove one of those leafs. and would they even fit?

i'm just looking for ideas and opinion's thats all.

thanks
    93 blazer 4.3 cpi
    4x4 droped and going lower
    lower level customs
    rekless racing

If you have 3 leafs PLUS the overload, then take out the bottom leaf, not the overload. As simple as that, it'll be a bit softer of a ride, you'll probably like it more and you'll get a couple inches out of it. Every vehicle is different when pulling a leaf so you never know until you try it.

You don't need 2 overloads just the one.

Nate

its just 2 leafs plus the overload. theres 3 leafs total includeing the overload.
    93 blazer 4.3 cpi
    4x4 droped and going lower
    lower level customs
    rekless racing

help me out too

Originally posted by blazen93
    its just 2 leafs plus the overload. theres 3 leafs total includeing the overload.
    i would not remove any leaves from this style pack because if you do your mono leafed with an over load

i have a 4 leaf pack,its safe to take the bottom one out,wich one would you take out

how should you go about tightening the bolt holding the pack together? There is the nut, but the other end is round. How do you guys hold them and get that nut tight?
    3/3 drop with 20s

Vice grips.... but the nut does not have to be really cranked on either. Just need it snug enough to hold the pack together. The pin (bolt) is more for centering the spring in the perch than anything.

Originally posted by tippmann243
    i would not remove any leaves from this style pack because if you do your mono leafed with an over load
    My 2000 F150 had this setup... i removed the overload for a 2" drop on it...

Originally posted by blazerboy97
    how should you go about tightening the bolt holding the pack together? There is the nut, but the other end is round. How do you guys hold them and get that nut tight?
    I always found it easier to have vicegrips on the round side... and an impact gun on the nut side... to remove or tighten...

also any more than a 3" drop and you will need to notch the frame and put in new bump stops so you don't bottom out