Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done With Project

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    I know if my truck was running 150 mph down the 1320,(which should be good for low 9's or better, and your a whole second slower than that. Which, with close to 40" of tire, Id expect you to be hooking) Id have me some pics of it racing.

Most of us are very skeptical. :rolleyes:

Actually the disproportionate MPH to ET is the one part that is somewhat credible based on my experience with the MT street tires on twin truck. but those were an older tire only 29.5x18.5x15. which have 16.5 inch thread.

One of the related inconsistancies - I couldn't find any exactly MT 19.5 inch tires but its not my dream ....it's his.

At least the blower isn't sitting on 2x4's like that another thread which features motor only picss from 2 years ago.

but thank you turboeds10, .... during looking up what the latest M/T tires available were I found what I need for my second gen project :eek:

ill be at PIR next weekend look for my truck and a blue TT IROC that will runs 9's, the truck will be on a trailer and ill be there from 6 to 10

Why is your name "turboeds10" when you have a blown / supercharged S10
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

Damn! I think we're going to the coast to stay in a cabin for the weekend. If we end up not going I'll try to check it out. If not then maybe next time. My wifes mom just lives a couple miles from the track. (drop her and the kids off) Maybe one of these days I'll have the guts to take my blazer up there and run it.

because i had planned to turbo the truck before i picked up a blower.

really hate to do this but $9000.00 OBO and its yours , i need to have more room to build my other car

Okay, reading back through the post and I am seing how some people are skeptical. Here's what I noticed:

i have had my own shop since i was 19 and having a father race lemans i have alot of hookups and advice
    theres more im doing to it but being 21 and a bad job it takes awhile to build a dream
    Having your own shop doesn't sound like "bad job" to me.
    Anyway I'm not try ing to put you down, but I can understand some people are questioning.
    Hopefully I will be able to see it soon in person.

damn nice motor, if you lived in CT with that, you would shit on all of the local street racers and there hondas, turboed eagle talons, and mustangs. so how much did that motor cost to build. like 10k

well blazinjc i would love to show you it pm me your number and we will figure out the details , believe me i cant wait till i make the skeptics realize someone my age can afford and build a truck like mine.

Originally posted by turboeds10
    believe me i cant wait till i make the skeptics realize someone my age can afford and build a truck like mine.

****BIGJSP puts on his internet balls ****** LOL

Sorry but your age has nothing to do with my skepticism. Your apparent lack of understanding of what you have............ does

- 6-71 vs 8-71,
    - a holley blue running 823 HP
    - Didn't respond to Catching Seconds questions about heads as the real question is really--------- does a roots style blower manifold exist for vortec heads?

- 12 point chromaly custom rollcage
    -
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/attac...&postid=520211
    12 points? LOL where are the front engine compartment bars.

Never did get around to posting what tranny and rear you got.

the devil is in the details

the trucks wiring caught on fire and now i need to figure out how to rewire the whole truck , i rather do it right this time than jimmy riggin it ,
    Put it on e-bay -----have the people that really did the parts choices or at least truly "understand what you have" write the description, that way if you do sell it you won't have legal issues.

Originally posted by bigjsp

Sorry but your age has nothing to do with my skepticism. Your apparent lack of understanding of what you have............ does

Exactly.

I must have overlooked the vortec heads specs, but to my knowledge they don't offer the vortec style intake for the larger 6-71 style blower yet.

They just released one for the smaller blowers recently, seen an article about in this months Car Craft (I think). More for like the 144 sized blowers. They're selling the manifolds separately as well too, so you can reuse the actual blower portion from other blowers.

Oh, and supposidly that was 823 WHP too, not just HP.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

I have a 406 small block with a p1sc procharger, a mechanical GM fuel pump from 1976. I manage to do all of this without the use of a fuel tank, which have tendencies to clog/leak on me.

I know that the d1sc is a hell of a powerful setup, but I belive that with it sitting on my 377 small blcok that it will work just fine, even though i brunt the wires from the carb to the distrubtor on the ls1 style intake i have.

blah blah blah, thats about all i've read
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

did i say i have vortec heads?

hold the freaking phone people. I live in Salem (keizer really) and I wanna see this baby.... does it have to be at the track? :) i'll take a day trip up there just to see this thing... I don't work until Friday...then I work all weekend....

PM me your number or something..
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
    Stock 0wns.
    4 Door Love
    Digital Love

did i say i have vortec heads?
    What kind of heads do you have?