Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtreme lowering Question

HOPPIN Connoissuer! Black n Chrome's Avatar

Red face Xtreme lowering Question

This question has probably been asked a hundred times.

I have been acumulating all the equipment needed to bag my SUV. I almost have all the equipment. My question is, is the Xtreme lowered from factory with spring or spindles. If i bag it how low can it go with just the bags. I heard some where that the spindels are the same for 1998 as 2001. Is this true or not????
    :(

You guys have been the most help so far.
    Silly MINI, Hydro's are for LOLO's
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    The Xtreme is lowered with coil spring from factory. It will sit about 3" to 4" from the ground (bags deflated) without spindels. If you've got the cash go with spindels. But if you go with spindels in the front U will probably want to C-Notch the rear. So it will sit level. Good Luck.

So, if it sit 4 inches lower in the front then it will barley tuck the tire in front on my 255/45zr17. Is this true. So then what is the recomended drop for the rear. I have 3 inch blocks now and i heard you should take out two midle springs.

Help
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used a 3" blosk and remove the two middle leafs and cut the stock bumpstop to right around 1" That is as low as U can go in the rear without a c-notch. The rear will actually sit about an inch lower than the front.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Is that a 6 or 5 inch drop? I want to lower mine more in a few months. Right now I have a 4 in drop all around and I want to know HOW LOW CAN I GO?

I have spindals so would it be a good Idea to get the 3" springs for the front and put the leafs and 2 inch blocks in the back. That sould be a total of 5 inches all around, Right?
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

The method I mentioned previously can really only be used if your going to bag it. By removing the two middle leafs and adding a block you will have absoultly no suspension in the rear unless U bag it to lift it back up. It also right around a 7" drop in the rear.

Thanks, LOWPSI for the help. I sarted and completed the rear air this weekend. I ended up using 4 " blocks and took one spring out. People were amazed at how fast i did it. I forgot to tell them that with bassicaly new leaf springs it takes little time.

My next questiom is for the front , i have every thing ordered but i no a guy at a machine shop that says he can do a half inch bore for me. What is the best hose and size to go?

The solenoids i want to get are 3/8 are there adapters?
    FREAkss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are adapters that will screw into a 3/8 valve and use 1/2 lines. I wouldn't screw with the bags though. They make 1/2 port bags for the front. Go to airliftcompany.com and then got to the easy street page. Take your time on the front. You have to relocate the shocks to outside the A-arm. U need to remove the brake line mounts and bolt up the new shock towers. They will hit your rims when you turn more than one full turn but I bought 1/4" spacers for my front wheels and that solved that problem. There only $8 each plus U need different lug nuts but there cheap too. Good luck. I should have pictures of my Blazer X up on my page later this week. Check it out

http://www.geocities.com/low_psi

Black- You DO NOT want to bore out a bag plate. The hole that the manufacturer putin it is the only place that is that thick. The rest or the plate is like 1/4". In other words, if you drill and tap it out, you will only end up with like 4 threads.
    Also, if you have 1/2" line, get 1/2 inch solenoids. Or 3/8 with the 3/8" solenoids. Your whole system is only as fast as the smallest port. So if you have EVERYTHING 1/2", but your solenoids happen to be 3/8" port, your system will run at the speed if a 3/8" system. So the everything that is 1/2" was a waste. Shit, your air line and everything could be 2 inches, but if one fitting to each bag was 1/4", that would fuck the whole system up.
    You need 1/2" valves!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

non posting whore
    2000 xtreme rear tucked 17's
    Motionthree.com (610) 960-2921

The body is hanging like an inch past the bottom of the tire. Looks like he's going to loose that nice factory bodykit.

Hay SLIM or LOWPSI- I am bagging my blazer for sure now and I want to get an opinion from you guys. I'm worried about AXLE WRAP and snaping my leafs. I'm just about done with my engine swap for a 350. weather is slowing me WAY down :mad: . My 350 is not gunna be pushing more or even 350hp. so would that leaf and block setup hold up or should I spen the money on a 4-link. thats like $600 with everthing to install it from AIM, but even if I find it cheeper it wont be as cheep as 2"blocks and removing springs.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

You shouldn't worry about serious axle wrap with 350 hoarses. Once it's bagged you can pop up your rear with like 90 psi if you know your going to race. The stiffness will help somewhat. The bast you can do is install linkage but right now it's not a must. Get your bags on and working first!

I know this is kinda repeating myself, but I want to make sure befor I do this.

only keep the TOP and BOTTOM leafs, add 2in blocks, get REAR brackets for my blazer and Weld them on, notch the frame and install the mini notches w/ pancake bump stops, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da... I <Pssst!> GOT BAGS :D

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

That's pretty much the whole deal. You don'y need the bottom spring though. That's just an over load spring for towing. Supposed to keep from hard bottom outs. In your cas you want to be able to slam to the stops with out restriction. Speaking of restriction, you are going to need new shocks that will compress that short. Or, you can keep the ones you have and relocate to bottom mount.