Thread: 1G and 2G suspension. SAME?

SCRAPE IT OR PARK IT!

1G and 2G suspension. SAME?

Well I recently had a lowered 85 S-15 with a 350 V8,and I traded it to my buddy,who doesnt want it lowered any more. Well Im getting a 96 S-10 ext cab thats stock height,and I want mine lowered. SO the question is,

Can I take the lowered suspension off of the 85 S-15 ext cab, and put it on my 96 S-10 ext cab? Pretty much swapping the whole suspension over from a 85-96,and the stock 96 to the 85?

If this can be done it'll save me a ton of money on lowering my new truck. Thanx to anyone who helps!:bigthumb:
    HE WHO DIES WITH THE LOWEST TRUCK WINS!

On the front I think most drop spindles are good from 82- 98 although some are listed as 82 to 03...... so 85 to 96 and 96 to 85 should be OK.

On the rear if it is just blocks and shims you should also be good to swap, although depending on the rust you may need a few sets of u-bolts.

You'll have to determine what shocks are and what their condition is. Getting the front ones out intact may be a challange anyways, depending on the rust.

blocks and spindles is <$200

i agree... if its 2wd then the frames and suspension is the same from 82 to 98 on blazers and 82 to 03 or whenever they stopped the s10

i think on the blazers the only thing they changed was control arms and spindles because they went to a sealed hub and bearing

2wd 83-97 blazer suspensions will interchange to any 82-03 2wd s10. The difference in 98+ blazers is the spindles went to a hubless rotor. The rear suspension will interchange as well. Belltech offers different part numbers for second gen blazers for the difference in spring rate and load capacities but they'll still work.

yeah sorry didn't know everything about the blazers sorry

I have a 83 2door 2wd and would like to lower front and rear would extreme front coils and blocks in rear work? and how much of a drop would i get? or is the leafs out of a extreme work in the rear also?

One difference I believe he will have to deal with is the use of a shim to change the pinion angle. I believe there is a different need between the standard caband the extended cab w/ the 2 piece driveshaft. What the change has to be exactly, I'm not sure; but I do believe I have read something about this on an S-10 forum somewhere.